• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color X question.... Will it bring back the color of this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color X question.... Will it bring back the color of this car?

My dads car is a 1992 Dodge Dynasty. I did a complete job on it, caly, scratch x, swirl remover, and NXT but the paint it still so dull. My dad says this is because there is really no clear coat left. The pinstripe on the side started to come off when he used the orbital buffer on it the last time. Ill post some pics up, these pics were taken before i did all of that.

This was the result of the clay bar after doing just the hood. And the reflections are really dull, if you look the the side shot, you can hardly see me with the camera.

Will i be able to bring this paint back using color X?m The car is Metallic Silver

Re: Color X question.... Will it bring back the color of this car?

Originally posted by Lynx131
    My dads car is a 1992 Dodge Dynasty. I did a complete job on it, caly, scratch x, swirl remover, and NXT but the paint it still so dull. My dad says this is because there is really no clear coat left. The pinstripe on the side started to come off when he used the orbital buffer on it the last time. Ill post some pics up, these pics were taken before i did all of that.

Will i be able to bring this paint back using color X?m The car is Metallic Silver
    Hy Lynx131,

When you were applying the ScratchX, were you pulling color, as in the color of the paint color?

This would be a sure sign the car either never had a clear coat, or doesn't have clear coat any longer.

If you clayed, and then applied the ScratchX and didn't see much of a differnece in color and clarity, then chances are good that ColorX will not improve it much either.

But, you never know until you try.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

When i clayed and scratch Xed I noticed that the color was punched up some, not as much as i wish it had been but it seemed alot deeper, and it actually looked silver instead of a grey. Do you think i should give it a shot? Should i take off the wax before i color x?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx131
        Should i take off the wax before i color x?
        No, just apply over it. You might want to try using a piece of terry cloth toweling instead of a foam applicator pad for a little more bite.

Also, test in one section before doing the entire car.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');