• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 years old. I first started using Meguiar's when I was 18, I use it exclusively, can't get enough of their products.
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I'm 54 with high milage on a rebuilt engine! Been a Meguiar user and fan since I was 18......Thats a lot of wax.

Comment

I'm 31 and have been using Meguiars since 2002. I was a frequent washer with a synthetic sponge, generic shampoo and a synthetic chamois. Then I was converted by the Deep Crystal System when my car's paint became oxidized. Now I'm Car Crazy with Meguiars' stuff. Now I realize how awesome my car can look week in and week out with a little maintenance.

For that reason alone I hope Meguiars never gets rid of the Deep Crystal line because I think it can be a stepping stone for many people into the "enthusiast detailer" category.

Comment

ohh..im in the kindergarden group here....turning 19 in july
          been using meguiars for about 5 month...and i love it
          2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 Elegance

Comment

Interesting that the MOL group skews slightly older than the autopia.org group . . . . I'm wondering if that's because us Meg's folks are less likely to be swayed by boutique product claims?

Comment

Since Meguiar's advertising seems to be skewed towards the 13 to 21 year old import tuning crowd.......

When is the company going to come up with a line of products for vinyl graphics? Those cars are about 70% tape graphics and 30% paint!

I can just see Mike giving lessons on vinyl graphics care.

"The first thing you want to do is use painter's making tape to protect all the paint and clearcoat areas on the car."

Comment

i am 67yo started "detailing" my cars 2 yrs ago and do neighbors and friends, usually for favors---watch my dog,fresh deep sea fish,fix a dent in my car ,etc---i don't think i have ever seen such a friendly and good exchange of ideas as this forum,to which i have read almost every wod for the past 2-3 yrs i have been asked how i get the cars better than new in appearance when i detail them----only a simple answer--- "hard work"---- it"s not nearly as hard as it was when i used the old simonize cleaner and paste wax as a 12-14yo to make rent money to help out at home---it is much easier now with all the new and specialized products and the improvements thru research and hands on offered by meguiars ----it is still a simple process ,and if i've learned anything over my lifetime, you have to: BUY QUALITY PRODUCTS-to work with and to put on your ride , to be consistent in your process of using them, and get something that works for you so that you can predict their performance. THANKS- for a most enjoyable FORMAT --- D

Comment

37 retarded..Meg user for a year solid anyway. Used various products before, Meg's has always been a part of my system.

Comment

Born 12-14-1975
                    30 going on 15.

First Megs product was used in 1992

#26 in the yellow can that is the same as the #16 can but...yellow.

Comment

I'm 46. I've been using Meguiars products since 1981. That was the first I had seen them in western Pennsylvania. I first used the consumer version Polymer Sealant.

Comment

24... Have been using Meguiar's products for 6 years now

Comment

23, been using meg products since I was 16.
                          2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

Originally posted by STG
                            I'm the 100th vote!

With 77% of voters over 26 years old, I guess Meguiar's can stop spending 100% of their print ad budget on Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

42 here, born in 1964. I got my first taste Meguiars back in 1980 using the #7/16 combo on my first car which was a 1978 Monte Carlo. I had a part time job working in a shop of large construction company. The guys who did the painting and body work sent me to this Mirror Glaze store and I ended up with the shiniest car in the neighborhood!

Tom

Comment

I am going to be 22 in late August. I started getting picky about they way my cars looked once I became a motorcycle washer/detailer at a Harley shop straight out of high school. I have since turned from just washing my car often to waxing. I just clayed, DC1, DC2, and topped with GC and my Grand Prix looks great. Wish I would have been this into detailing when I had my 1991 Buick Regal. Keep it up Meguiar's!!!!!
                                "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');