• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who are we?

I am 29. I have used Meguiars (with some Eagle One) products since I bought my first car when I was 18.

11 years and I have no complaints. I almost exclusively use Meguiars now.

Comment

I'm 30 and have been using Meguiar's for about 15 years. I've tried the others, but always come back to what works. Did it all by hand until just 2 years ago when my wife got me the G100... I knew I got the right girl! s
      '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 65th Anniversary
      '05 VW Jetta GLi
      '97 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

I'm 23 and have been using Meguiars since I was 11. I don't use anything else unless I am doing some sort of comparison or Meguiar's doesn't make what I need. Been on here for 2 years this month!
        "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

34 years old, born the 12 september 1972.
          First meguiar's product used : NXT tech wax

Comment

21, born in 1/15/86

been using megs for almost 3 years. the first products I used were cleaner wax and DC2. after that I started using M84, M82, M83, and unigrit sand paper.

I also Use other products from 3M and Automagic, and I'll see how do Car Brite products perform too :P
            " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

As you can see this is my first post but I’ve been hanging around here for a good while.
              I’m 39 and been a car & truck nut my whole life. I have used various products over the years... mainly Zymol and Eagle One stuff over the last 10yrs until about a year or so ago I started using Meg’s all the way. I got a G100 recently and really enjoy using it. I don’t see myself ever changing again.

Comment

I'm 23, about to turn 24...

I'm an active duty Corporal in the United States Marine Corps and just recently started getting into really taking care of my car

I used to just wash all my cars with laundry detergent cause I really didn't know any better and could really care less with the cheap cars I had growing up...

then I bought my baby, my 2003 Dark Shadow Gray Mach 1 Mustang and told myself I'd take better care of it now...since then I've been buying nothing but Meguiars car wash and products...and am now barely getting into the whole detail aspect of it...

bless the man who invented this stuff

Comment

i am afraid to put my real age so put 16-25. really i am not 16................................yet
                  - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    I'll go first, I'm 45, built on February 12th, 1961

I've been using Meguiar's products since 1978 when I was 17 years old working on my 1948 Plymouth Coupe.

The first Meguiar's product I used was their paste cleaner/wax in a can just like the one pictured here,

btw. how old is this stuff and can u compare it to todays products.
                    - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Blake. 21. Junior in college majoring in Civil Engineering.

Been using Meguiars since I was around 12-13.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

16...17 in July. Have been using Meguiar's since I was about 10-11.

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I'm 32 now, started detailing when I was about 13-14. I don't remember which Meguiars products I was using back then but it was whatever my father had picked up.

I also used it on my next car which my father and I rebuilt from the ground up. '86 Monte Carlo SS, painted GM Raspberry which was off of the S-10 pick ups.

Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                            ... working on my 1948 Plymouth Coupe.
                            The first Meguiar's product I used was their paste cleaner/wax in a can just like the one pictured here,

When was that style can last produced? I recently came across one identical in a MC owners garage. I was working on his bike, and he proudly brought it out for me to use. I was skeptical to say the least, but he was just trying to help. Took the top off, removed a saturated and tattered piece of T-shirt. It was still moist, but had an AWFUL, NASTY smell.

I tried it as a "cleaner/dirt remover" of sorts on the lower most frame pieces.
                            WOW! It worked, super shiny. I did have to sacrifice a foam applicator, as the piece of T-shirt did not age so well as the wax.

Oh yeah, the smell dissipated from the bottom of the bike after an hour or so.

Comment

I am 47 and french i have worked in car (mechanical) garages since i'm 17 .Only got interested in detailing a few months ago.

Comment

61 but my wife says I behave like a 16 year old. Used Meguiars on my first car--1955 Chevy Bel Air straight six, three speed on the coloumn. Sure wish I had that car now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');