• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the bugs love my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the bugs love my car?

It's been awhile since I've detailed my car. Last month I washed my car before driving from San Diego to San Jose. Every time we made a stop, I busted out the NXT Glass Cleaner because there were at least 5-10 bug marks (the small yellow kind) on the windshield. I even got a big juicy one that stained my glass towel. =\

I washed my car again today, and noticed that the front bumper cover was pretty dirty with bugs too, except not splatted(?) up. I got it almost cleaned up, but I can't detail until after finals this week.

Drying my car, there were a couple of bugs that landed on the roof of it. Grr...

Do you think the bugs from the road trip have done enough damage to mess up my clear coat? I can see faint outlines, but I won't know for sure until I detail.

And what's causing the bug attraction? I'm using NXT car wash solution. Maybe I should switch to Gold Class or that other one that has kids washing the car on the front? =P

It wouldn't happen to be yellow would it?

I swear the bugs love my yellow truck. Every time I wash it I get little green bugs landing on it while in the process. When I drive- Oh thats another story! I swear nothing attracts bugs like a yellow vehicle.

I use Gold Class shampoo, and I have the same problem... so stick to what you like. The bugs probably just like looking at themselves in such a clean finish.
    Troy - TSR6

Comment

when i wash my silver car with gold class no bugs are attracted to it, but when i was washing this girls white car there were bugs all over the hood??
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

My car is "Shale Metallic Green". We seemed to have survived today, but the battle is never over. =\

Comment

I thought I was pretty diligent about getting bugs off my car. But I've started to realize that the marks on my car just aren't bug splatters, but have begun to eat the clear coat. Granted, I wash frequently but I don't get the bugs off everyday, I thought washing every week would be good enough. It wasn't.

Hope you have better luck.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');