• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone live/work in Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone live/work in Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark?

Who would be able to help me please

I'm after buying 2 or 3 of these Biltema polisher 18th one down, from Biltema.

Its a Cyclo type polisher, but with a variable power control.

A couple of the guys over here got some sent over last year, but the guy who sent them is no longer around (Still alive, just busy elsewhere i guess

With shipping to the UK they cost about £24-£30 each, compared to the US version click here which cost £200-£250.

If you can help it would be Mucho appretiated (sp):thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Alex

I do live in sweden and I just happen to have that polisher laying on a shelf (not using it much since I get worse results with it compared to rotary on my black cars)

I am not quite sure what you are asking but I'm guessing that you want help with buying and shipping the stuff? I'm not too keen on doing that but have you talked to Biltema?
    They should be able to ship to you internationally, especially if you wish to order a couple.
    I could perhaps try to call and talk to them if you wish?

/Marcus

Comment

Btw, the machine is manufactured in china somewhere and there are lots of companies selling them over here.. are you sure no one is carrying them over in the UK?

Clas Ohlsson: http://www.clasohlson.se/shop/store/...5+13%3A40%3A24
      Rusta:

Greetings,
      Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunatly no-one does stock them and none of us that want one (about 5 of us) has had any luck finding anything like that in the UK.

Porter Cable sell alot of machines over here but wont get the CE certificate to sell the PC 7424 over here

If you would'nt mind emailing Biltema for me that would be a really big help
        Even if it was of a minimum order say 5, 10, 15 i could get enough people buy one.

Any help is greatly received and many thanks

Alex

Comment

Trying to contact them by phone now... busy tone atm
          I'll get back to you!

Comment

Thanks Marcus,

You're a star

Comment

Got hold of a guy named G?0‹2ran
              He talked very slowly and explained to me that of course they couldn't send any items, it wasn't even possible within Sweden. Especially due to the problems with payment etc.
              But that wouldn't be an issue I told him, I mean, I could pay (in person, at the store) the machines if they only took care of the shipping bit...

But, no, sorry.

He said that he had just answered an email of a similar question to a David or something like that? I guess it's one of you? :-)

Do you want me to try and contact the other places that carry the cyclo (copy) machine and see if they could do international shipping?
              I saw that they charge a bit higher price, 100 sek more or something (6-7 pounds? Like 10 Euros or something)?

Or better yet! Take the ferry to Gothenburg and by the cyclos yourself! Then you'll get a nice little vacation as well!

I looked for ferry tickets last year to scotland, I think they were around 1500 sek, something like 100 pounds?

/Marcus

Comment

I did think of a little holiday, but it's convincing my girlfriend that we're not going just to pick up a bunch of polishers she'd whoop my backside if she found out it was.

Thanks for your help Marcus ,

i'm sure we'll sort something out, my dad works for P&O freight so hopefully one of his workmates is due a trip your way.

Comment

Otherwise, Gothenburg does have a nice amusement park (one of two in sweden) called Liseberg, always a good excuse when trying to convince your GF

Anyway, I sent an email (couldn't do another phonecall during work hours, people started looking at me in funny ways) to one of the other companies that carry the same machine.. I'll probably have an answer for tomorrow.

Time for golf now!
                  /M

Comment

Thanks again

Have a good round, although golf doesnt sound much like work lol

Comment

Got the answer today, they do not ship either (at all)... Sorry!

I do know a couple of other companies that do ship, however they do not carry the cheap copy of the Cyclo machine so that's no help

/Marcus

Comment

Re: Anyone live/work in Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark?

Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
                        Who would be able to help me please

I'm after buying 2 or 3 of these Biltema polisher 18th one down, from Biltema.

Its a Cyclo type polisher, but with a variable power control.

A couple of the guys over here got some sent over last year, but the guy who sent them is no longer around (Still alive, just busy elsewhere i guess

With shipping to the UK they cost about £24-£30 each, compared to the US version click here which cost £200-£250.

If you can help it would be Mucho appretiated (sp):thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Alex
                        Did you ever manage to have some of these shipped to you? I live close to one of the Biltema stores, and might be able to help.

Comment

Thanks guys, all sorted now

Comment

That's great!
                            I've never taken a closer look at these - are they any good at all?

Comment

Originally posted by nime View Post
                              Did you ever manage to have some of these shipped to you? I live close to one of the Biltema stores, and might be able to help.
                              Originally posted by Alex7938 View Post
                              Thanks guys, all sorted now
                              Are you satisfied with this polisher? I have a G100, but the Biltema polisher is cheap, so maybe I get one

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');