• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Detail is the "Baby Oil" of Paint Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Detail is the "Baby Oil" of Paint Care

Megs #51 Final Detail on 4*UPP is like spraying baby oil on the paint.

UPP looks great as a last stage product on my black Santa Fe, but the look gets darker, shinier and way more "liquid" with a QD with #51!!

Like Mike P. says (to paraphrase): "I have found something I like and I use it frequently."

Re: Final Detail is the "Baby Oil" of Paint Care

Originally posted by Gadfly
    Megs #51 Final Detail on 4*UPP is like spraying baby oil on the paint.

UPP looks great as a last stage product on my black Santa Fe, but the look gets darker, shinier and way more "liquid" with a QD with #51!!

Like Mike P. says (to paraphrase): "I have found something I like and I use it frequently."
    We're glad you liked it, hopefully you'll like it's replacement, Last Touch Spray Detailer as well.

Finding something you like and looks good in your eyes is half the battle, after that as long as you put into practice a maintenance plan, (Using what you like often), your car will always look brand new.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I stopped by my local paint care product shop the other day to pick up some final inspection and some more Final Detail. They told me that Final Detail was being replaced with Last Touch. They went on to say that neither were as good as Final Inspection, and that neither was made by Meguiar's - that they were made for Mequiar's by someone else.

I think they were wrong about the quality and performance of Final Detail - I liked it as well as the Final Inspection. Are they also wrong on who made the product?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by JCE
        I stopped by my local paint care product shop the other day to pick up some final inspection and some more Final Detail. They told me that Final Detail was being replaced with Last Touch. They went on to say that neither were as good as Final Inspection, and that neither was made by Meguiar's - that they were made for Meguiar's by someone else.

I think they were wrong about the quality and performance of Final Detail - I liked it as well as the Final Inspection. Are they also wrong on who made the product?

Just curious.
        They are entitled to their opinion as to which is best, but each quick detailer Meguiar's manufactures is formulated for a specific purpose and a specific market.

Currently, all Meguiar's products are manufactured in-house. By products I mean all of our chemicals such as our liquids and paste products. We offer things like the Absorber in our catalog, but we don't manufacture it.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');