• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter cable 7424 VS Meguiars g-100

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter cable 7424 VS Meguiars g-100

Hi there first time posting on this board

I want to buy a polisher either the PC 7424 or the Meguiars g-100. What is the difference between the two. I know Meguiars has a lifetime warrenty but is there any other difference since the PC 7424 is a lot cheaper up here in Canada.

Thanks a lot

This forum is awesome

Basically is the same machine I have the porter cable 7336
    ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

Re: Porter cable 7424 VS Meguiars g-100

Originally posted by Aloger
      Hi there first time posting on this board

I want to buy a polisher either the PC 7424 or the Meguiars g-100. What is the difference between the two. I know Meguiars has a lifetime warrenty but is there any other difference since the PC 7424 is a lot cheaper up here in Canada.

Thanks a lot

This forum is awesome
      to MOL
      as The Doctor detailer said the two machines are basicly the same but you will need to buy a new backing plate
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

check out this about nothing.

LINK REMOVED

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES

NO COMMERCIAL LINKS

FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE, HERE THEY ARE!

Forum Rules

to Meguiar's Online!

When Meguiar's Online when live in January 2004 our goal was to create an Online community for learning about car care and detailing. A place for "Car Crazy" enthusiasts to share and learn from the knowledge of others.

Meguiar's Online is a place for helping others. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and polite community for constructive conversation.

Meguiar's Online Member Rules!

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

7. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

8. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted without warning.

9. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses. Commercial messages will be deleted.

10. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

11. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the Online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

Signatures Rules:

1. No links to commercial web site links, phone numbers or email addresses will be allowed. (*See exceptions below.)

2. No photos allowed, this option is not enabled.

3. Nothing rude, crude or impolite will be allowed

Justice for Breaking the Rules - Color Code:
        We are human and we all make mistakes, however, there will be consequences for your actions as follows:

Blue = Polite warning via email or PM to remind you of the rules.

Green = Warning and Possible one-seven day suspension.

Red = You will be banned immediately with little or no warning.

Exceptions:

We stand behind our Moderators, if you are causing a problem for the Online community the above "Justice Rule Code" can be taken to the next level when appropriate.

*You may include your company name and your title in your signature as long as it is not a click-able link.

Reporting a Post, Photo or Member:

NOTE: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Please remember that as a member you do have the power to report a post, member or photo without becoming involved publicly. You can do this by hitting the report button under each member's name.

You will then be asked to give a reason for reporting the post, person or photo.

You are also welcome to send the Administrators and Moderators a PM to let them know of your concern.

Thank you for being a contributing member and following the rules,

Your Meguiar's Online Team
        ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

This link might also help: which polisher ?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The machines are identical. The exception is that the G100 has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Same machine, although the g-100 is backed by a lifetime guarantee. I believe ADS has some good packages at reasonable prices.
              Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I wish I would have bought the G100 from ADS. It would have cost the same after buying the backing plate for my PC, but I would've never had to buy another one. With electric tools you never know when they will quit.
                Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mejia
                  Same machine, although the g-100 is backed by a lifetime guarantee. I believe ADS has some good packages at reasonable prices.
                  What is ADS and do you have a link?

Thanks,
                  Mike
                  Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                  ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor detailer
                    Basically is the same machine I have the porter cable 7336

So is the 7336 the same as the 7424? I can buy the 7336 locally at Lowes for $109 but it says it's the sander/polisher. Was curious if the two are the same.

Thanks
                    Mike

Comment

Go to the link that gb387 provided. It explains the difference between the 3. ADS is a great place for Meguiars products.

LINK REMOVED

NO COMMERCIAL LINKS

Forum Rules

to Meguiar's Online!

When Meguiar's Online when live in January 2004 our goal was to create an Online community for learning about car care and detailing. A place for "Car Crazy" enthusiasts to share and learn from the knowledge of others.

Meguiar's Online is a place for helping others. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and polite community for constructive conversation.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

7. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

8. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted without warning.

9. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses. Commercial messages will be deleted.

10. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

11. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the Online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

Signatures Rules:

1. No links to commercial web site links, phone numbers or email addresses will be allowed. (*See exceptions below.)

We are human and we all make mistakes, however, there will be consequences for your actions as follows:

Exceptions:

We stand behind our Moderators, if you are causing a problem for the Online community the above "Justice Rule Code" can be taken to the next level when appropriate.

*You may include your company name and your title in your signature as long as it is not a click-able link.

NOTE: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Please remember that as a member you do have the power to report a post, member or photo without becoming involved publicly. You can do this by hitting the report button under each member's name.

You will then be asked to give a reason for reporting the post, person or photo.

You are also welcome to send the Administrators and Moderators a PM to let them know of your concern.

Comment

Originally posted by MrC
                        Go to the link that gb387 provided. It explains the difference between the 3. ADS is a great place for Meguiars products.

Thanks, that explains it. Should have checked out the link first.
                        Guess I'll go ahead and get the PC 7336 and order the backing plate and pads from Megs. Now I can get more of the Detailers products with the money I'm saving!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mh68
                          What is ADS and do you have a link?

Thanks,
                          Mike

Please don't ask other members to break the forum rules. It causes me to stop what I'm doing and play Policeman. I don't like playing policeman, so please read the forum rules. If everyone would take a moment to read the forum rules then I wouldn't have to post messages like these, which I don't really like doing.

Thank you.

NO COMMERCIAL LINKS

Forum Rules

to Meguiar's Online!

Signatures Rules:

Exceptions:

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');