• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Plastic Exterior Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Plastic Exterior Trim

Greetings Folks -
    I will be detailing my '06 MINI Cooper this weekend and I have a question about the black exterior trim that goes around the bottom of the car.

Would I be able to use the 'Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant' or should I go purchase actual 'Trim Detailer'?

I eagerly await your answers.

Thanks,
    RASCH
    It is better for you to keep your mouth closed and let others think you a fool than open your mouth and prove you are one.

I've used the Trim Detailer with good results. but the All-Season Dressing seems to last a lot better for me.

I'd probably stick with one of those 2.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I was wondering also what to use on the black molding along the side of my car on the doors. Its worn looking. With the All season dressing, do you just spray it on an applicator pad and wipe on? I figure if i spray it on the molding it will get on the paint. Might buy that this saturday.

Comment

I agree with the ASD, I recently started using it and really like the look and it holds up well, also looks great on tires. I do like the look of Gold Class Trim Detailer or #38 but now ASD tops the list.

I apply ASD using an even coat applicator, spray the product on the applicator then wipe... let it sit for 10 min or so then follow up with a microfiber or cotton towel to remove excess.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          I agree with the ASD, I recently started using it and really like the look and it holds up well, also looks great on tires. I do like the look of Gold Class Trim Detailer or #38 but now ASD tops the list.

I apply ASD using an even coat applicator, spray the product on the applicator then wipe... let it sit for 10 min or so then follow up with a microfiber or cotton towel to remove excess.
          Ok, I will keep the Shine to the inside and try ASD on the exterior.

I will try to post pictures this weekend.

RASCH
          It is better for you to keep your mouth closed and let others think you a fool than open your mouth and prove you are one.

Comment

Just to mention, your local Advanced Auto sort of store probably wont have it.

Give this thread a read over:

How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown

And call the ones in your area before you go. Some have weird hours, some dont carry everything, etc.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've been using #38 on our MINI for a while now. Looks good and last well but gels are always a little more work than liquids to apply.

I tried Exterior Trim Detailer at a Wednesday wax night and loved it. It's super easy to apply, looks great, only took a few seconds to do all the MINI's trim and it lasted longer than I expected to. I've just never liked aerosol cans but I'm really temped to switch.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
                I've been using #38 on our MINI for a while now. Looks good and last well but gels are always a little more work than liquids to apply.

I tried Exterior Trim Detailer at a Wednesday wax night and loved it. It's super easy to apply, looks great, only took a few seconds to do all the MINI's trim and it lasted longer than I expected to. I've just never liked aerosol cans but I'm really temped to switch.

PC.
                Thanks for that info TOPC. Exterior Trim Detailer might be easier to find. I appreciate your input.

RASCH

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');