• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone that could not make this class you missed out big time, this class was awesome. I enjoyed it so much. Mike Phillips is such an asset to Meguiar's. These posts are very informative, but to see them in action was 100 times better. I recommend every one on this forum to attend any clinics in the future. I would gladly go again. Thanks also to Lynn Palmer, Rod Kraft and Harrisburg auto auction. I don't believe Meguiar's realizes the hardwork and dedication that each of you place in your work, also thank you for the pizza, soda and donuts .

I am planning a large purchase from Meguiar's this month.

Thanks Again,

Shawn Sidesinger

p.s. Thank you Meguiar's for the gift bags.

Comment

Great class! Mike answered all the questions, Rod joined in answering them too. Watching Mike use the DA made it easier to see how to operate it. Now i wont be afraid of using it. Also now i'm answering questions on the forum instead of asking them thanks to MIke going through everything. You should do these classes more often, people won't be afraid of the DA and will know everything about meguiars and how to use their products. . Also thanks to Lynn for letting us use the facility and harrisburg auto auction. Great place for a class to be held Now i await the class in nj this saturday.

Thanks Meguairs for putting this class and other classes together. Mike, Rod, Lynn ..GREAT JOB
      Hope they come back to this area soon.

Comment

Mike, Thanks so much for a wonderful class.

It was nice being able to watch a pro like Mike work. I definitely feel more comfortable with my PC now, and am now looking into getting a rotary. Mike's demonstration with the rotary was amazing .

This class was well worth the time and drive. I would recommend to anyone that if you get the opportunity to attend one of these classes, jump on the chance.

Thanks to Mike Phillips, Rod Kraft, Lynn Palmer and the Harrisburg Auto Auction for a great day.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

first i would like to say thank you to everyone that made this happen. mike and rod are excellent teachers anything you need to know im sure they have the answers. i have to admit i was amazed that you could use the G-100 to remove swirls and other defects out of the paint. i do own one but i only used it to apply wax to the vehicle after i buffed it with my rotary. this weekend i have a 73 impala to detail so im going to try using my g-100 for the whole process. thanks again and im ready for the next class.

p.s. i wander if anyone reads the captions mike places with the photos on the forums there was one i found a little humorous

Comment

Wow! What a class! Where do I begin? So much info to soak up!

Everything was top notch. I liked having the PowerPoint presentation to go over a lot of the things you read on MOL, plus it helps having Mike go through it in depth. On top of that everyone had a lot of questions during the presentation. The hands-on session was even better. I think that will really help me perfect my technique with paint. I had never seen the DA used in person before so it answered a lot of those questions as well. It really answered my question on whether or not I wanted to get a DA for starters. The answer is definitely yes! Once I get approval from the finance committee at home, I’ll be making a purchase!

Thanks to Mike for being willing to fly across the country to put on a Meguiar’s Roadshow! Hope you didn’t get in too much trouble when you got home!

Thanks to Rod Kraft for helping out with the Roadshow! It’s awesome to have two paint care experts available to get their expertise and opinions on surface care.

Thanks to Lynn Palmer / Dealergoodies.com along with the Harrisburg Auto Auction for being willing to host the Meguiar’s Roadshow. The $30 registration fee to buy products at Dealergoodies.com was a plus! So many choices….

Thanks to Meguiar’s for being willing to send Mike across the country and for the goodies bag. With that kind of support, I can’t see using anything other than Meguiar’s.

Thanks to all the participants. It’s great hanging out with other car crazy people. The questions everyone raised were great. I’m still in awe of the poor guy that hit a deer on the way to the roadshow, but still came… That’s car crazy for you!

In closing, if you are debating whether or not, it’s worth it to go to a Meguiar’s Roadshow event, the answer is definitely yes. I drove 80 miles one way and I think I would have driven 180 miles one way. I just think it’s impressive when a company believes in their product and people enough, to put on a seminar 3000 miles away at little or no cost to its customers. It’s highly unusual in this day and age. All in all, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

This class was excellent and definitely worth the time. Thanks to Mike and Rod for spending time with us to share their extensive knowlege on car surface care. The classroom portion was very informative and covered everything from how the Meguiars company was formed and grew to what it is today, as well as detailed instruction on the steps to producing the flawless finish we all desire from our cars . It was interesting to learn the history of how the different product lines evolved and how to properly use them.

Mike and Rod were able to clear up misinformation and common misconceptions about surface care with simple and technical explanations. Both were eager to answer any and all of our questions. I also learned alot from watching Mike demonstrate the D/A and rotary buffers (a must see for anyone).

There is definitely no substitution for watching and talking to these two in person compared to reading information or watching videos.

Meguairs is truely lucky to have employees like these representing their products. Both Mike and Rod are truely "Car Crazy" and live up to the Meguairs slogan.

If anyone is sincere about how their car looks and is fortunate to have the opportunity to attend this class, they would be foolish to pass it by! I think that anyone, experienced or not, can walk away from this class having learned something about improving their car's finish.

Thanks again to Mike, Rod, and Lynn who hosted the event. The class was top notch! Hopefully I will be able to attend a NXT institute class in the future.

Jason
              Last edited by blkbmw; Jun 6, 2006, 05:54 PM.
              You must stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Comment

I'm unhappy about missing this class

Are there any plans for another class in the immediate area?

Comment

Originally posted by _Ed_

Are there any plans for another class in the immediate area?
                  One is in piscataway nj this saturday with Rod, but its focused on advanced so it would of been good to take this detailing 101 before it like i did with this one. Its full for now but you can be put on standby in case someone cancels. Link to it..

Piscataway class

Comment

hey mike or rod any chance of an advanced class in mechanicsburg any time soon if so id be there in a heartbeat thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scarface_
                      One is in piscataway nj this saturday with Rod, but its focused on advanced so it would of been good to take this detailing 101 before it like i did with this one. Its full for now but you can be put on standby in case someone cancels. Link to it..

Piscataway class
                      Besides the class being full and advanced,I have work then a housewarming party to attend later in the day

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');