• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leather Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather Care

Now that I am done with the paint maintenance, I am thinking on doing something for the interior.

My car is a 2004 CLK wit charcaol leather interior and someone told me that all I have to do is to wipe the interior (dash and leather seats) with a moist cloth. Is this right?

For the interior non-leather I use a damp towel to wipe down and finish with #40 Vinyl and rubber cleaner conditioner.

I just started using Gold Class Leather cleaner conditioner this weekend for some clients cars. Seems to work pretty well. I guess my point is GC is a good product to use on the leather. GC won't leave the seats oily and slick either.

I'm not sure how often to apply GC. Maybe I'll put that in my rotation on a weekend I don't wax or booster spray.

Comment

The foam works great if the seats are fairly clean. Apply with an orange Meg's application pad. If they're dirty - and just today I did some really dirty beige leather (the people have 4 kids 8 and younger)- I use a 10:1 dilution of simple green with a white acylic scrubber (available at Home Depot in the tile department), wiping with a white terry and following with GC leather spray or foam. Works like a charm.
      TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

A bit OT here, but
        I just gotta tell you...#40 is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I've used everything...303, Mothers Back to Black, etc...

This weekend I was detailing a client's car and tried Back to Black for the horribly sun faded trim...it worked (it'll do that)...but looking at it I would need the same return for about 6-8 more coats (and we all know the law of diminishing returns...)
        So I figured I'd give this new (to me)(#40) a try...it LITERALLY took one application and the trim looks absolutely new...
        I'm not meaning like 'wax A is better than B' type thing...it was truly a night and day difference...I just wished I had taken before and after pics...I still can't believe it...

So how is the other vinyl/rubber stuff from Meg's different (it can't be better...)?

Comment

I checked, #40 is Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. So, for my car, it is good for the dash and cneter console and rear side panels.

How about leather? Seats are perforated and side panels are solid.

Anyone has experience on Meguiar's #96 Medallion Premium Leather Cleaner?

Comment

I checked, #40 is Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. So, for my car, it is good for the dash and cneter console and rear side panels.

How about leather? Seats are perforated and side panels are solid.

Anyone has experience on Meguiar's #96 Medallion Premium Leather Cleaner?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');