How long will a coat of wax last?
How do you respond when the owner of the car you just finished detailing asks you
"How long will the wax on my vehicle last?"
This is a nearly impossible question to answer, as there are so many variables, such as...
- Is the car parked in the sun all day?
- Is the car parked under trees all day?
- Is the car garaged when not in use?
- Is the car in an urban/suburban/rural setting?
- Is the car parked in an industrial area?
- Is the car parked in a dusty environment?
- Is the car parked in a salt air environment, near the ocean?
- Is the car parked near railroad tracks or a major highway?
- Are the roads paved, dirt or gravel?
- Is there construction going on in the area?
- Do you hand wash the car or take it to the car wash?
- What do you use to wash the car?
- How well is the paint prepared to accept wax? (Wax will stick better to clean paint versus dirty, stained, contaminated paint)
- If you take your car through a car wash, what kind of car wash? Touch-less? Hand Wash? Spinning Brushes?
The list of questions has the potential to go on and on!
I know what I tell my clients.. I am curious as to what you tell yours?