• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Baltimore, Maryland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures & Comments from Baltimore, Maryland!

Pictures & Comments from Baltimore, Maryland!

What a great group of people we had today at the Baltimore, Maryland Volunteer Firehouse today! The facilities were perfect for holding a detailing class and our hosts were top notch in every aspect!

Full Class!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

I think the final count for people that made the class today was 35 and everyone had lots of great questions about a wide-spectrum of topics. After the classroom portion was over and every had their fill of pizza we adjourned to the where the Fire Trucks are kept and proceeded to take what we learned in the classroom and apply it in the garage.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

AWESOME !!!!!!!!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Was a great class learned alot ..can't wait to try some of this on my cars.....I have a 1990 miata was painted last year and alot of over spray....Thanks again Mike for the great class!

Glenda

P.S

Thanks Joe for letting us at the prowler site know about the class

Comment

"So that's what I was doing wrong!"

Mike, I'd like to thank you for sharing your time and knowledge of the often confusing world of automobile detailing, products and tools. Not only did I enjoy learning about the amazing history of Meguiar's, particularly about Malcolm Meguiar's contribution to improving the products for the automotive industry time and time again. I love hearing stories about hard work turning into success!

I found your instructions to be well thought out and quite easy to follow. I truly feel that I have a much better understanding of the proper techniques and products that will allow me to not only keep my new car, a 2006 Pontiac GTO, looking better than it did in the showroom. But help me restore my beloved 1999 Chevy S10's paint back to something I can be proud of for many more years to come!

I'd also like to thank Meguiar's for creating such a program. It's a class that i've been needing ever since I became "Car Crazy". I'm glad a respected company such as Meguiar's had the foresight to acknowledge and address this need. I thank you!

One more big thank you to the North Point Volunteer Fire Dept for hosting this class. Your hospitality was much appreciated! Be safe and thanks for the work your do!
          2006 Impulse Blue GTO
          1999 Indigo Blue S10

Comment

Mike really knows his stuff! The class was well organized and really informative. I'm really glad I came. Now I know how to use my PC that I bought a month ago!

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Mike,
              Kudo's to you and your team efforts today in the training session.
              If there was a thread for trainer of the year I would nominate you to receive it.
              Your PASSION for what you believe in touched everyone today in some way, and we all will share a part of that with everyone we speak to about having the fun you showed us today in a little work, and to see the possitive results.
              I hope the pics I took for you were helpful.
              I will also be spreading this info to the TRAILVOY CLUB SITE that introduced this whole idea to me.
              I will touch hundreds of people as to your success, and also to recommend you if there is ever another opportunity again to train several interested crazy car detail people.

Thanks again,

Jeff C

Comment

Only one way to describe this man's knowledge...insane. I learned a ton today thanks to this class. The only downside is that I need to buy up all of these products now, but it'll be worth it in the end. Thanks for all your help Mike!

Comment

What a great class! I have to add to the thanks for Meguiar's and Mike for investing in having a class here on the East Coast, and to the folks at the fire house for allowing us to use their suberb premises.

The class was very professional and very well presented, and Mike's passion for paint care and Meguiar's great products comes through in everything that he does.

The classrooom session was very informative, but seeing the hands-on application in the afternoon session was even more helpful. I learned a ton about the technique for using my DA polisher.

I have only used my PC only once, and I clearly ran it too slowly for polishing and did not apply enough pressure. I am looking forward to getting even better results when I apply what I have learned.

About the only complaint I have, is why are there so few classes here on the East coast? . I have at least three friends who were interested in the class but couldn't make this date due to other obligations.

Thanks again for a great class!

Comment

If all classes were this good i'd be a doctor by now. Greatest class that I ever been to. I learned a ton of stuff and got some gret tips.

Comment

How cool !!...can't wait till I can attend one of these classes someday...Mike, how much pressure is being applied here:? It's one of the things I struggle with when using the PC...too much pressure, not enough..looks like the pad is pretty compressed in this photo.
                      Bill Poirier
                      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

This was definitely the best training class that I have ever attended. Now I know the proper way to use my DA polisher. Mike's knowledge was incredible and his presentation was excellent. I don't think that one person lost interest for a second. The hands on demonstration was exactly what everyone was looking for. We had a great demo car and the results, which were relatively effortless, were amazing.

I remember well over a year ago when I joined the forum asking about the availability of one of these classes on the east coast. I signed up immediately when I found out about it. These classes are exactly what those of us who are Car Crazy want to see. I highly recommend that Meguiar's keep these classes going all over the country. Believe me, the company will reap the benefits many times over.

And finally, a note to Mr. Barry Meguiar: you and your compny have an extraordinary employee in Mike. He is passionate about his work and it shows in his presentations. Please keep these classes going. It was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by rwlc5
                          This was definitely the best training class that I have ever attended. Now I know the proper way to use my DA polisher. Mike's knowledge was incredible and his presentation was excellent. I don't think that one person lost interest for a second. The hands on demonstration was exactly what everyone was looking for. We had a great demo car and the results, which were relatively effortless, were amazing.

I remember well over a year ago when I joined the forum asking about the availability of one of these classes on the east coast. I signed up immediately when I found out about it. These classes are exactly what those of us who are Car Crazy want to see. I highly recommend that Meguiar's keep these classes going all over the country. Believe me, the company will reap the benefits many times over.

And finally, a note to Mr. Barry Meguiar: you and your compny have an extraordinary employee in Mike. He is passionate about his work and it shows in his presentations. Please keep these classes going. It was fantastic.
                          I couldnt agree more I woke up this morning and went to pep boys. I brought scratch x , plastx , some towels and applicators, gold class car wash and now Im going to order some items online that I cant find in the store.

Comment

Mike--you da man!
                            Megs--you da company!!

Good things happen when a knowledgable and passionate person and a company with good products and support work together.

This class is a must, especially for those thinking of purchasing a DA polisher or just bought one recently.

And even those that have had one for a while will learn a few things for sure. I know I did. I feel more confident now about choosing products to use and using them properly.

Meguiars--I highly recommend that you continue setting up these classes around the country.

And the North Point/Edgemere Fire Dept guys were great hosts and had the perfect facility to have this event. Thanks to you guys.
                            2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
                            2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
                            1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Great Class!

The hour drive was definitely worth it.

I've learned a lot from the forums but there is no subsitute for hands-on training.

Great tips from a fantastic teacher - which has already inspired me to buy more Meguiars products on my way home...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');