• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

I Tried the foam pads, did not work for me. Pads kept on ripping apart. Then I went to the paint brush, worked well but seemed very time consuming. Then I tried the eagle one tire applicator pad, what a mess. So now I'm back to the paint brush method.lol
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

bump
      ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

I just use a cheap wash sponge and cut it into 4 square pieces. Cheap alternative and easy to find. Works quite well.
        The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
        Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

I have always used for many years Meguiars Endurance Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel on my tires. It came in a box with an applicator and smelled good. It was white in color. I have always been extremely satisfied with this and other Meguiars products.

The other night I purchased "Endurance High Gloss Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel". It was all Auto Zone had. I thought it was the same product. But it did not come in a box with an applicator so I had to buy a 2 pack of Eagle One applicators. It is purple, not white, and does not smell as good. It made a shiny sticky mess of the tires on my new Infiniti. It is like I painted them with glue.

I applied it this afternoon, it is now about 11PM and I am still trying to wipe off the tires - they are still sticky and too shiny - and get them dry. I sent an email to Meguiars but it is late Sunday night. I want to know how to get this stuff OFF my tires and if the original Meguiars (non high gloss?) tire protectant gel that is white in color is still available? I am very upset about this product and any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by robert419 View Post
            I sent an email to Meguiars but it is late Sunday night. I want to know how to get this stuff OFF my tires and if the original Meguiars (non high gloss?) tire protectant gel that is white in color is still available? I am very upset about this product and any input would be appreciated.
            Thank you.
            If you don't hear back from Customer Care via e-mail you can always call them directly and I'm confident they will do their best to make you happy.

Our Customer Care Hotline is on the back of every Meguiar's product including the bottle of Endurance High Gloss that you applied to your tires and here it is also...

1-800-347-5700

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I just bought a paint brush (with bristles, not foam) tonight and tried out this method of applying Endurance High Gloss. I have previously been using the Eagle One Tire Swipe method but I think I like this method a lot better. My hands aren't messy at all, it seemed to apply the product just as well as the tire swipe would have, and I see the brush lasting longer than my tire swipes. My 2nd tire swipe is starting to come apart (the foam part separating from the part you hold on to), so I needed to buy something new to apply my tire gel with, and figured I'd give this a shot since I saw a lot of potential benefits to it over the tire swipes. Thanks for the idea.....I'm loving it after my first try a few min ago.

Comment

I have luck with Endurance low gloss and a kitchen type scrub brush/soap dispenser, a dense 1" stiff bristles, useing some elbow grease it works the product into all of the tires contours and back out (less sling off and useing less product) this scrubs the tire clean and works the product into the rubber. I don't even clean the brush just put it into a small zip lock for next time,stays loaded with product

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot333 View Post
                  I just bought a paint brush (with bristles, not foam) tonight and tried out this method of applying Endurance High Gloss. I have previously been using the Eagle One Tire Swipe method but I think I like this method a lot better. My hands aren't messy at all, it seemed to apply the product just as well as the tire swipe would have, and I see the brush lasting longer than my tire swipes. My 2nd tire swipe is starting to come apart (the foam part separating from the part you hold on to), so I needed to buy something new to apply my tire gel with, and figured I'd give this a shot since I saw a lot of potential benefits to it over the tire swipes. Thanks for the idea.....I'm loving it after my first try a few min ago.
                  Glad it worked out for you. It is the easiest way I have found to apply the gel.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

I've recently started using Meguiars Tire Dressing Application Pad and I must say it is a great product - it does make application easy. Earlier I was using cheap microfiber towels which also worked quite well but it was the Pad that made all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by robert419 View Post
                      The other night I purchased "Endurance High Gloss Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel". It was all Auto Zone had. It made a shiny sticky mess of the tires on my new Infiniti. It is like I painted them with glue.

I applied it this afternoon, it is now about 11PM and I am still trying to wipe off the tires - they are still sticky and too shiny - and get them dry. I sent an email to Meguiars but it is late Sunday night. I want to know how to get this stuff OFF my tires and if the original Meguiars (non high gloss?) tire protectant gel that is white in color is still available? I am very upset about this product and any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
                      Well, I've been using Endurance High Gloss for months and I love this product. I believe you applied too much on to the tire.

My process when using EHG is the following:
                      1) I apply two thin coats of the product,
                      2) I work the first coat into the tire surface - I do not simply apply it on the tire; I'd say I do it the same way one'd use DC1 or DC2; this way the product is not "on" but "in" the tire; also not much product is used up,
                      3) I wait about 30 minutes and apply the second, very thin coat - this time I do not work it in so hard, I rather make sure that the whole surface on the tire is evenly covered and looks uniform,
                      4) after some time (30-60 minutes) I wipe off excess of the product.
                      For me this method works really well. Tires look good for much longer, there is no "spin-off" or sticky surface. I'd say the look is not "artificial" - tires look "natural". The key is to work the product into the tire.

Comment

I use one of my old retired MF wax applicators to apply Endurance High Gloss to my tires. I just use the same one over and over until I can't keep it from sliding out of my hand. It eventually gets saturated with gel and it never dries. Once saturated it doesn't seem to take a lot of product to apply. I store it in a plastic bag so it doesn't get everywhere.

I apply one coat on each tire, apply second coat to each tire, let sit overnight. If you don't it WILL sling. My white pickup found this out.
                        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

im going to have to give this a try too... i hardly ever use the gels because they are never really stocked at my local shop.... but i will try this with what i have left in this nearly empty bottle... never thought of using a paint brush.... hmm!

Comment

This is a good method here Gomez, i actually remember somone using this method at a car show whom picked up best of show prize, they poured out the dressing in a small bowl then "basted" the tire in dressing, even on the tire treads. I tires are low profile 40 series so a brush would be hard to control near the rim, but my snow tires however are thick sidewall and this method is good cause i can keep my hands clean unlike using the sponge.
                            Certified Car Crazy!

Comment

All these ideas here are good.I couldn't agree more 'bout the messy hands. I use a box of surgical gloves.just one per job is neccessary.don't need a glove to hold the bottle,just the dirty sponge,or whatever method you prefer.When you're done....bin.

Comment

I brush the tires with Amazing Roll-Off and then hose off, let the tire dry up and apply Endurance with a cheap kitchen sponge/skrub. No sling-off as long as the tire is properly rinsed before applying the gel. My experience is also that it lasts longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');