• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I bought a rather nice paintbrush at Big Lots where I also got my Endurance, and it worked great today on my tires (Goodyears with trillions of ribs).

Comment

I tried this the other day with a foam brush because it was much cheaper. I wasn't too impressed with the results, though, so I think I'll probably get a normal brush. I had a question though....I see the endurance you are using looks kind of clear. Mine is milky pink looking. Is there something wrong with mine or has Meguiar's changed the Endurance gel? I think mine might be Medium gloss.

My tires still smell like Strawberry or whatever it's supposed to smell like, 2 days later lol.

Edit: My Endurance gel doesn't stay milky looking. After I spread it over the tires it ends up looking glossy, but when it's in the bottle or thicker on the tire than it should be, it looks light pink and not see-through (I can't think of the correct word!).
      Last edited by Lydia; Oct 26, 2006, 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Hey Lydia,

If you think your tire gel is bad check out this thread...

Hope that helps!
        Scott

Comment

To get better results remember to use a 100% synthetic brush, not the black ones
          ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

I used to use the 50cent foam brushes, but i guess after about 10 or so of those, you could pay for one of those brushes, that would last FOREVER!
            Schotography

Comment

For my opinion I think this works better then the paint brush, way easier and gets it on the tires or trims evenly

22cm Soap dispendsing spong brush

You can get it pretty much anywhere in the kitchen department,plus they have replacements like 6 in a pack. I would recomend not using the filler that it has cause it just doesnt come out like you want just spay a good amount on and your good to go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...6868/Mycar.gif

Comment

Do you guys wipe off the access after applying the gel?

Comment

Give the product a few minutes to dry and wipe the tire off to prevent the product from flinging on the paint.

Comment

The paint brush, the foam paint brush, and the kitchen sponge brush are all great ideas! Anyone that prefers the foam applicator (aka tire swipe) should try the foam brush. It will at least keep your hands cleaner. It's just about impossible to keep the tire dressing off your hands with a tire swipe. Of course you could always wear gloves.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Has anyone ever tried pouring this stuff into a sprayer and sparying it on the tires?

Comment

Since June i have always used an paint roller. I was looking for a combination between a brush and a foam applicator. It is really simple, clean and fast. It also covers the tires much thinner. I also use a brush for the upper grooves.

After applying I leave it for about 1 hour and wipe of the excess.

Gr. Evert.

Comment

Originally posted by evert View Post
                          Since June i have always used an paint roller. I was looking for a combination between a brush and a foam applicator. It is really simple, clean and fast. It also covers the tires much thinner. I also use a brush for the upper grooves.

After applying I leave it for about 1 hour and wipe of the excess.
                          Gr. Evert.
                          The roller is interesting.... I have tried a paint brush but did have much luck with it.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use a square terry cloth applicator. I cut the bottom of a plastic gallon jug to put my product in then put the foam pad in it an go to slicking tires. Dont for get your gloves!!!

Comment

I put it in a sprayer and it worked fine. Came out a little thick......kinda like napalm...LOL!! It was hell getting it off the chrome rims. I diluted it down 1:1 and it seemed to work a lot better. Still have to wipe it off the rims but it's not as difficult.

Comment

I use a small square spounge and the results are amazing even after just 1 application.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');