• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *how To Apply Tire Dressings (gel Type)*

Before I tried this technique I hated to apply tire dressings because of the mess with foam applicator because no matter how careful you are, you always end with greasy hands. So I started to use a paint brush to apply products like endurance or insane shine.

ADVANTAGES

1.- I feel that you use less product.
    2.- You get a more even application so NO sling.
    3.- You can apply it more quickly.
    4.- No more greasy hands.
    5.- You can clean the brush easily if you feel it's dirty.

Natural looking tire.

Very wet looking tire.

Another example.

Even on narrow or low profile tires you can apply endurance very easily. Apply a little amount to the brush.

If you feel the brush it's very dirty ( usually after 5 applications)
    you can clean iy very quickly.

You can use a liquid dish washing detergent but you have to apply directly to the brush with almost no water.

Almost like new.

Last edited by The Doctor detailer; Jun 1, 2006, 05:56 PM.
    ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Very nice write up! I have a hand full of those brushes around, I will have to give it a try. Wonder if it would work well with All Season Dressing? Another more difficult product to apply to tires, its not a gel but a thicker liquid.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I always used foam products but I'll try this.

Comment

many car washes use this technique for the fast output jobs. a bucket with a larger paintbrush is used.

i like my foam for now
        2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by x2099
          I always used foam products but I'll try this.
          Ditto, but I'll give it a try. What kind of paintbrush should I pick up at home depot? How much should I spend?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
            many car washes use this technique for the fast output jobs. a bucket with a larger paintbrush is used.

i like my foam for now
            My local carwash does the same thing, but their tire dressing looks really diluted. As soon as the car drives off, major tire sling. Def not worth the $2.50 they charge.

Comment

well the point to apply with a brush is for dressings like endurance (gel) or thicker liquids.

Comment

i've been using EZ Tire Applicator Pads but have thought of switching to brushes. and i'm giong to try it this weekend and see how i like it.

it seems like a smart idea and since it saves your product its better. the product you use goes right onto the tire and doesn't get soak into the brush as opposed to getting soaked into the foam.

Comment

haven't tried that, I usually just wear some rubber gloves and throw them in a bucket with dish soap when I'm done applying my tire dressing. Hey I've also seen some foam type brushes, maybe that could be used by us foam users. Good write up
                  Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

That's a really good idea, I'm going to have to try that. I love Endurance, but even when I use the foam applicators, it seems to run off.

Thanks for the new idea!!

Comment

I even found this to work very well on applying tire dressing.

Comment

I used Endurance on my tires, but they seem to last for about a couple of days only. Anyone encounter this?

Also, any tips on washing the tyres? I wash them with a sponge using left over body shampoo, and after drying it, I apply a coat of Endurance.

What I have also noticed is that the tyre well seems to be çoated' with Endurance after a drive, even though I leave the shine on overnight before using the car.

Any opinion is much appreciated. Thanks!
                        It's all a passion....

Comment

Well I recommend that you use a dedicated tire cleaner why? because I think is the same as paint if you apply a wax without claying you are appliying into the invisible contamination to the eye not directly in the paint.

In the tires if you don't clean them very well do you think that you are putting the dressing in the rubber? NO you are appliying in dirt and old dressing. Maybe this is the cause of endurance lasting so little time.

You don't have to clean them with a tire cleaner every wash you can use soap like you said, but once in a while use it. hope it helps.

Comment

I’ve only used the applicator pads to apply tyre dressings but indeed, my hands were greasy after doing four tyres so I’ll definitely give the brush a try.

As for cleaning the tyres themselves, I usually wash them with soapy water or use a bit of rim cleaner (as degreaser) – works great!
                            showroomglaze.net

Comment

I tried the brush and didnt like it at all. Endurance was just to thick and it didnt go on evenly. I use a foam applicator and love it!
                              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');