• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Water Stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Water Stains

All of my windows have water stains or something else that I can not get off. The stains look like they have gone though a thin layer of glass. I have had this problem since I got the car last Nov. I have used 3 glass cleaners (including Meguiar's NXT Glass cleaner) and news paper, White Vinegar (left it on for 10 min and did this 3 times), Cleaner Wax (5 coats), Clay bar, and this stains are still there. I have done a search and have looked at all the threads about this problem, there are other products that have worked for other people on this form. I just don't want to spend more money on products that don't work. I will post pics later today, any help is welcome, thanks.

I had deep oxidation on my car's windshield that nothing would remove. Like you, I tried several glass cleaners, clay bar, paint cleaners, etc. It wasn't until I read Mike Philips' write up about using #4 heavy cut cleaner that I found something that would work. It took about 2 or 3 applications to remove all the oxidation but now my windshield is clear again.

Without seeing what shape your windshield is in, I can't tell if it's similar to what I had. Do you have any pictures you can post?

Comment

I recently detailed a Chrysler Pacifica w/ horrible window spotting. Here's what these spots looked like:

After 2 applications with One Grand Glass Cleaner (kind of a paste w/ slight grit and an ammonia smell) using a Gold Class applicator, this is how it turned out:

It took me about an hour to do the 6 side windows and the rear window, but I believe the effort was worth it!
      1999 Ford Contour SVT
      Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
      1966/2760

Comment

I will post pics this after noon, the water stains look a lot like Mike_svt's Chrysler pacifica. Thanks for the help

Comment

Mike_svt's, is this what I need.

Comment

In the words of a true Vermonter: "Yep"
            1999 Ford Contour SVT
            1966/2760

Comment

Thanks mike_svt for the info, I will try it.

Comment

For the windows only, try "Oxidation Remover" or "One Step Compound" from the Marine Line.

Living in Costa Rica we have terrible water spots and this has proven successful. You can do it by hand or using the DA.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Note: do not use in windows with window film or tint.

Comment

000 or 0000 steel wool will with great and is more cost effective than the one grand paste. i use the steel wool and meguiars cleaner wax. i always get customers wanting them spots off the window.the steel wool can be picked up at most of your hardware stores for a couple dollars and meguiars cleaner wax cost like 5.00 at wolly world.glass becomes real shiny. a great look and faster than the other methods.and as you know the wax dries fast and wipes off easy.good luck

Comment

This is what my rear window looks like, thank everyone for all the help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those look really small compared to the ones I've tackled. Good luck!
                      1999 Ford Contour SVT
                      1966/2760

Comment

I just ordered the One Grand Glass Cleaner, I really hope this works, thank for the help.

Comment

The key to application is to keep the product moist so it spreads around easy. I use a spray bottle w/ water in it to occasionally mist the window and/or my pad. When you getting towards the end, let the product get dry so it buffs off easy. I would recommend doing this before you wash your car as the process can get a little measy (wash your windows before, of course, to avoid any scratching).
                          1999 Ford Contour SVT
                          1966/2760

Comment

Just would to update everyone. I use the "One Grand Paste Glass Cleaner" last night on my front windshield, it take me 4 hours, but it was worth it. The windshield has no spots and now I can see out of it. Thanks again for all the info.

Comment

4 hours ??!! .....
                              Bill Poirier
                              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');