• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Cloth Clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Cloth Clean

Hi all,

i was just wondering this.

okay my seats to come will be Split, with English Leather and Cloth.

i already got the GC Aloe Conditioner and Cleaner for the English Leather.

but what can i use to clean the cloth or keep it clean from the get go?

does anything even exist? i.e sort of like a QD just keep it nice and clean? for example everyone when they wash their car and have leather apply cleaner and conditioner and just vacum the cloth or whatever, but is there a product to keep it really clean like a spray and leave or keep it from soaking in any smells.

know what i mean...i hope i don't sound confusing.

To really get stain protection, you would be looking at trying some kind of ScotchGuard treatment, if they work at all.

As for cleaning the cloth/carpet, headliner, etc, I have had good success on some dirt/stains with the Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner.

Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner

2Hotford has also had great results from the Carpet and Upholstry Cleaner (foam spray can) in the Detailer and Marine Lines. You could do a search for his tests of them.

And you can use a bit of terry cloth, MF, or the Interior Brush for heavy cleaning.

All-Surface Interior Brush

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for all that.

okay let me clarify myself.

i'm getting a new car. when it arrives i wanna protect the cloth.

how do i do that. like is there anything i can spray on it (as if i were spraying the dash) to protect it.

Comment

ScotchGuard, 303 FabricGuard, or Raggtop Fabric Protectant. Meguiar's has Canvas Protectant in the Marine line, but I don't know if it works on cloth.
        ScotchGuard can be bought locally for around $5-$8. 303 and Raggtop can be pruchased online or at some marine supply stores for around $10-$20.

Comment

so this stuff is just sort of spray on and leave to protect it.

will it kill the new car smell?

Comment

Yup, they are spray on and let dry. All these products have strong odors and you're not recommended to smell it, so chances are it will kill the smell. From my understanding though, new car smell is really a synthetic smell now so you can ask the dealer where they get it.

Comment

Buy the 303 stuff.
              Scotchgard has to be reapplied every few weeks and raggtopp is made for, well..raggtopps
              303 High Tech Fabric Gaurd is the way to go with this.

Comment

okay now next question.

where can i purchase this stuff from.

Comment

I don't know where you can get your brush from but my Can. Tire has the carpet cleaner
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');