• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Bumpers

Dear Forum Members,
    I was going to wash and detail my car today but alas, it's going to rain here in Baltimore, MD. Anyway, my question is when we do the wax and clay, do we du the plastic bumpers also??
    Thanks for your help!!
    Sentrarob

Let me break that into two parts.

With clay, you can clay anything. Paint, windows, trim, wheels, exhaust, old refrigerators, ec. Just remember, always go in this order:

Paint-->Glass/Trim-->Wheels-->Metal.

Dont go backwards or you have a higher risk dragging things like metal flakes/dust across your paint and glass.

Now, for clean/polish/waxing, it depends. Are you refering to painted plastic bumpers, or that black plastic textrued kind?

If it is painted, either body color or whatever, you can use the same clean polish and wax steps.

If it is that textured black plastic, do not clean/polish/wax them. And do not get wax from the paint on them. If you do, wipe it off right away. The best thing for these is to wash them well at first, the dress them with an exterior trim dressing.

I really like the All-Season Dressing, but there are many to choose from. Works great in plastic wheelwells too once you clean them.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Claying

Thanks Murr, your answer was extremely helpgful!!
      Sentrarob

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');