• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUMMER Detailings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMMER Detailings

Just wanted to share some information about HUMMER detailings.

I have found that in order to do a thorough job, most HUMMER detailings usually take about eight hours to complete. That includes polishing and waxing under the hood and at least two hours of work on the interior alone.

When you consider my hourly rate of fifty dollars per hour, I have been pricing HUMMER detailings at $399.

I'm interested in knowing;
    1- how much time do you spend on detailing a HUMMER?
    2- what price do you charge?
    3- what's included in the detailing?
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Hi Frank,

I have never detailed a Hummer, and probably wouldn't ever take the job mostly because I don't do daily drivers. They also look like an incredible amount of work just because of their intricate and complex body panels and trim.

I think $400.00 is fair, and possibly on the low side for a complete detail inside and out.

I would be curious if anyone else on our forum has detailed a Hummer? Most of the ones I see are usually look like they're well-kept.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

HI Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Detailing a HUMMER is like detailing an oversized toy Tonka Truck. It's a lot of fun and a lot of work at the same time. It's the kind of detailing job that you tend to get lost in. You actually begin to lose track of time. I usually start early in the AM and get the outside completely finished, take a lunch break and then tackle the interior. You've really got to love detailing to do these HUMMERS.
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Or really love the $399.00....
        2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
        2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
        2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

I know this post is old... but I wanted to chime in.

I have recently done a polishing and waxing job, and a full executive detail on another. Both H2's.

Here are my thoughts.

1.) Lots of trim to be concerned with
          2.) The curvatures of the vehicle make it a grueling job for polishing and waxing
          3.) A lot of the under-carriage is exposed (this needs to be detailed too)
          4.) The interior is not the usual
          5.) Most are extremely well kept, or an extreme disaster

I think your price is more than fair, and because you based it on your hourly rate, you were more than covering your end, even thought it took some extra time.

I personally love detailing vehicles such as these. The job pays very well, and I get to stay in one place all day, rather then bounce around town doing smaller jobs.

What are the differences in the new H3? Other than it’s a lil shorter, and not so tall?

Finally, a word of advise. DO NOT PRESSURE WASH THE STEP BARS on a H2 is they are painted. There is already a known issue at GM regarding the paint chipping. One of the two H2's I did recently had this defect after only 4 months. If you detail a customers Hummer, inform them.

Comment

$400 seems like a lot to me.
            I usually do bigger SUVs for $170-200. I did a yellow H2 maybe 6 months ago. I can't remember exactly what I charged, but it took no more than 2.5 hours for 2 people to do it. We clay, wash, and wax on the outside, and the inside was fairly clean(wish made it even easier). I thought it was a fairly easy car because of the condition. The only bad part is that there are plenty of nooks and crannies for water to roll out of after you finish drying. Hope this info helps. If you can get away with charging $400, then do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mysticdetail
              $400 seems like a lot to me.
              I usually do bigger SUVs for $170-200. I did a yellow H2 maybe 6 months ago. I can't remember exactly what I charged, but it took no more than 2.5 hours for 2 people to do it. We clay, wash, and wax on the outside, and the inside was fairly clean(wish made it even easier). I thought it was a fairly easy car because of the condition. The only bad part is that there are plenty of nooks and crannies for water to roll out of after you finish drying. Hope this info helps. If you can get away with charging $400, then do it.
              I know I wouldnt get near a Hummer for anything less then $350. I have washed a few and they are very tall and wide.
              Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');