• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax and sheeting action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax and sheeting action

Which wax will provide the best sheeting action and not cause water to beed. It is my understanding that water beeding is not something you really want.

not sure, but i would avoid DC3 and M26 as they bead a lot.

I think people like a wax that doesn't bead too much because it will be much easyier to dry.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I like wax that sheets because it leaves less water spotting if it gets rained on.

Most of my customers like wax that beads. I give them #16.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

I definately agree, sheeting is the way to go. With all that being said I have used G118(ColorX) and G127(NXT Tech Wax) and both bead rather than sheet. Does anyone have a recommendation for a goos sheeting wax?

Comment

i perfer the beads rather than sheets. i like the look if i'm out and it rains.

but i'm no sure of a wax that will cause sheets.

i was under the assumption that wax made it all bead. who knows though?

Comment

Keep in mind that while DC#3, Cleaner/Wax, etc generaly bead nicely, and Nxt/#20/#21 will sheet more, it also seems to depend on how the water is hitting the surface.

I use #21 and assuming the car is clean I can get both kinds of stuff. If it is a light sprinkle, I'll have beads everywhere. If I just washed it and am doing a final rinse, or it is a heavy rain, more of the water will run off.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

EVERY sealant and wax that I have tried, ends up losing its surface tension after a few washes. All of them do this when washing: #21 Beading

Notice how the water beads and runs off? If I find that the water does not do that, TO ME, it is time to add another coat. Especially when the water lays flat on the paint, and it "clings" meaning it doesn't move very quickly over the paint when being blown off.
              Last edited by RCBuddha; May 15, 2006, 06:18 AM.
              Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Originally posted by RCBuddha
                EVERY sealant and wax that I have tried, ends up losing its surface tension after a few washes. All of them do this when washing: #21 Beading

Notice how the water beads and runs off? If I find that the water does not do that, TO ME, it is time to add another coat. Especially when the water lays flat on the paint, and it "clings" meaning it doesn't move very quickly over the paint when being blown off.
                yeah if time is of an essence then that's a good indication of when the next time to wax your car is.

Comment

Hey I recognize that car, and that thread! LOL

Richard

#21 Beading
                  Richard Lin
                  ShowCarDetailing
                  5548 E. La Palma Ave
                  Anaheim, CA 92807
                  toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                    Keep in mind that while DC#3, Cleaner/Wax, etc generaly bead nicely, and Nxt/#20/#21 will sheet more, it also seems to depend on how the water is hitting the surface.

I use #21 and assuming the car is clean I can get both kinds of stuff. If it is a light sprinkle, I'll have beads everywhere. If I just washed it and am doing a final rinse, or it is a heavy rain, more of the water will run off.

I find that with #21 and/or NXT, they sheet when the car is rinsed with a hose (no nozzle) and a flow of water. When it rains they bead, and when you drive, the beads slide off the paint.

Use something like this to get a nice flow of water:

This should minimize beading after a wash, even with a wax that tends to bead.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1

I find that with #21 and/or NXT, they sheet when the car is rinsed with a hose (no nozzle) and a flow of water. When it rains they bead, and when you drive, the beads slide off the paint.

Use something like this to get a nice flow of water:

This should minimize beading after a wash, even with a wax that tends to bead.

RamAirV1
                      Same here, the sheeting is very handy when drying!
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                        Hey I recognize that car, and that thread! LOL

Richard
                        Yeah, sorry Richard, Your photos were the only ones that I could find that showed what I was describing...Hope you don't mind...
                        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Of course not. That's why I posted it. For use by everybody here on MOL.

Richard

Yeah, sorry Richard, Your photos were the only ones that I could find that showed what I was describing...Hope you don't mind...
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

sorry to update this but this is what the beading of one coat of M26 looks like

richard: the anamation is awsome!
                            Last edited by sneek; May 22, 2006, 12:13 PM.
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord
                            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');