• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wet sanding how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet sanding how to

id like to get more info on this, i really dont know where to start as far as direction, application and what to follow up with. I read Jose's post on that black bmw he did which turned out awesome. but id like more info so i can start practicing

Meguiar's how to remove paint defects

Try this.

Good luck!

Comment

Do you have any pix of you car. I have found that most people that come to me to have the car wetsanded really dont need it.

A good compound and paint cleaning does the trick. Besides wetsanding should be your last option, it you go to far you can make it worst then before and really damage the paint.

If you do decide to wetsand I would get the meg's unigrit paper, it works great
      Products are only a good as the detailer using them.

Comment

If your talking about 'orange peel,' factory paint isn't really designed for its removal...wetsanding is better reserved for that purpose with aftermarket paint jobs--wetsanding within days of painting...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');