• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie detail on 06 G35 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie detail on 06 G35 Coupe

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and purchased an 06 G35 about 3 months ago. When I picked up the car, I noticed some swirls/light scratches on the hood, but overall it looked really nice. Since then, I have used ScratchX on the hood, and put two coats of NXT on it. It really came out nice, but I want to go that extra step. I have decided to do this:

Wash with Gold Class Shampoo/wool mitt
    Dry
    Polish with #9 swirl remover
    polish with #7 glaze
    NXT two times.

Do you think I really need the #9?

Should I Scratch X again?

Does this sound like a good plan?

Should I Claybar?

Thanks for all the help. THis is a great forum with alot of information, and has helped me out alot to understand the right way to take care of my new G!!

Welcome to MOL!

Before we get too far.... Are you doing this all by hand or PC?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

So far by hand. I really don't know that much about orbital buffer, the hand method with the NXT came out pretty nice though. Is #9 OK by hand?

Comment

Yes you can use #9 by hand, I have only used it with a PC so I do not know how well it works by hand. I do think ScratchX will be the best option for use by hand as it was formulated for use by hand.

Here is a post to help out with scratchX by hand: How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Using the product you have on hand, you could do something like:

1. Wash with Gold Class Shampoo/wool mitt/Dry
        2. ScratchX
        3. #7 Show Car Glaze
        4. NXT Generation Tech Wax (2 thin coats)

As for the clay.... If the surface of your vehicle feels rough after you have washed and dried its a good idea clay. If you have never done it before its very easy and well worth it.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info. Do you think I could just apply the #7 over the NXT and then recoat with NXT X2?

Comment

Originally posted by stlslim
            Great! Thanks for the info. Do you think I could just apply the #7 over the NXT and then recoat with NXT X2?
            I dont think there would be any problems with this!

get lots of pics!!
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');