• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single stage paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single stage paint

What is the approach to paint cleaning and waxing to a single stage paint car?

You would treat it the same way you would a clear coat. Except removing defect is much easier due to it being a softer paint. As far aswhat products to use that depends on the condition of it. Any pictures?

Comment

Besides following the 5 Step Care Cycle I used to go with a layer of DC step 3 Carnauba Wax, topped with NXT Tech Wax.

Alex
      Mandarina Racing

Comment

Some single stage paints respond incredibly well to an application of a pure polish before the LSP.
        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

sorry, no pics, yet.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I had the same question that you had, but just diferring that I had the doubt with a rotary, however, I'll post both things

true: since single stage paints are softer, you can use anything to clean them. I recently used DC1 on a pretty damaged clear in a black car and left good results. after applying DC2 and cleaner wax the results came as expected. unfortunately, the paint was slightly oversprayed and I didn't like that :P.

so maybe trying the 3 steps will work like magic. however, check if the oxidation is light, normal, or severe, because depending of that, the job will need to be done from one way or another. and it also depends if the paint is old; between 86 and 92, or repainted recently, lets say....99 to 2003, because paint tech's deiffer and so does hardness.

the only extra tip I can give you, is if you use a rotary: Single stage paints are thin in old cars, or when they are soft, so be careful when using your products and when you work on thin edges.

hope this helps
            " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');