• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Misinformation on other forums about tire dressings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Misinformation on other forums about tire dressings

Misinformation on other forums about tire dressings

"Tires - I used to use Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel, but they changed their formula and added silicone, so I had to switch. Silicone is the ingredient that makes Armor-All so bad for your tires and plastics, as it contributes to UV breakdown. Armor-All also contains a bleach byproduct, so it will actually make plastic gray faster than with no protectant at all. So I've switched and now use One Grand ERV on the tires as well. Of course I have a separate applicator just for this, an EagleOne tire swipe from Wal-Mart, cut in half for my low-profile sidewalls."

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext51.shtml

Re: Misinformed?

Well silicone acutally makes the product easy to spread, it's a necessary ingredient. Our Endurance isn't silicone based making it safe. I can guarantee our Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel will not dry or crack your tires. I've used it for years and never encountered any issues. The Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel actually has antiozonants to prevent your tire from cracking and drying. It's the only tire product we offer that replenishes the antiozonants your tires lost (the stuff that makes your tires look brown if not protected).

Originally posted by SOLDSHORT
    "Tires - I used to use Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel, but they changed their formula and added silicone, so I had to switch. Silicone is the ingredient that makes Armor-All so bad for your tires and plastics, as it contributes to UV breakdown. Armor-All also contains a bleach byproduct, so it will actually make plastic gray faster than with no protectant at all. So I've switched and now use One Grand ERV on the tires as well. Of course I have a separate applicator just for this, an EagleOne tire swipe from Wal-Mart, cut in half for my low-profile sidewalls."

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext51.shtml

Comment

I use the Endurance on my tire's and they still look great. I also use Insane Shine on the tire's.

Comment

chevyman2001: wow you have a light reflection off you tires!!

i am a fan of the natural look, and the regular endurance is as natural as it gets
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

yeah, I know I love the stuff! I just read that off that guys site and thought he was misinformed.

Comment

I will wear my tires out before any other concerns would arise. As long as they are some sort of black all the time I am happy.
            Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Re: Re: Misinformed?

Originally posted by Jorge Sanchez
              The Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel actually has antiozonants to prevent your tire from cracking and drying. It's the only tire product we offer that replenishes the antiozonants your tires lost (the stuff that makes your tires look brown if not protected).
              I was under the impression that many of the Megs tire dressings had "antiozonants" in them.
              From the Megs FAQ's:

To maintain your tires and keep them looking sharp with a deep, dark black color, Meguiar's offers six unique tire dressings that treat the rubber with Meguiar's own special conditioning agents as well as patented antiozonants that replenish your tires' original antiozonants and keep your tires looking blacker longer than generic tire dressings and protectants.

These include:
              Hot Shine Tire Spray (Trigger Spray) High gloss formula turns tires a dark black with high shine
              Hot Shine (Aerosol Spray) High gloss formula turns tires a dark black with high shine
              Gold Class Endurance Original formula leaves a dark satin matte finish
              Gold Class Endurance High Gloss leaves A shinier, higher gloss finish
              M-38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel leaves a dark satin matte finish, available in 32 oz. bottle
              In what way would Endurance be "unique" from these other dressings? (In regards to antiozonants)

Also, slightly OT, if a person were willing to spend the time/product, could a dry, cracked tire be returned to being "factory full" of antiozonants after repeated applications? (Obviously it wouldn't reverse the cracking )
              The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Re: Misinformed?

Originally posted by BigLeegr View Post
                I was under the impression that many of the Megs tire dressings had "antiozonants" in them.
                From the Megs FAQ's:

In what way would Endurance be "unique" from these other dressings? (In regards to antiozonants)
                I don't think it was Jorge's intention to cause anyone to think Endurance was any more unique in the antiozonant arena than the other Meguiar's tire dressings.

Originally posted by BigLeegr View Post
                Also, slightly OT, if a person were willing to spend the time/product, could a dry, cracked tire be returned to being "factory full" of antiozonants after repeated applications? (Obviously it wouldn't reverse the cracking )
                Probably not as it's pretty hard to reproduce the same end-results by adding after the fact as compared to blending the ingredients when the tire was first made.

Don't let us stop you from trying though...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Help! Misinformation on other forums about tire dressings

Wow!! 2 year old thread!!
                  The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');