• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie in Detailing-Very Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Detailing-Very Impressed

I stumbled on the meguiar product in Autozone. Used it and very impressed of the result, got hooked and wanting for more. I just bought a Black on Black Honda Odyssey Touring ('06) and I would like to have a well cleaned, Gleaming ODY around town, for my Family to enjoy, our own personal Limo Ride!!!

Sad Story: The 3rd night I have my ODY, I have this urge to clean and wash it because it rained the other night. It was a 1am, there is a well lit Coin Self Car Wash Service in my area, I pulled in and fro the first time I am trying to learn how to use the system. Well, to make my story short I regret the whole experience. I should have not used the soft brush that was available for use (where the bubbly car wash foam was attach made to) it made a lot of fine scratches on my Ody. Since that day, I vowed to protect my ride by discovering how to properly wash and detail. Let my education starts here and I am looking forward to meet the Guru, that I heard so much about in this Forum, No other that Mike P.
    A. Cruz

I feel your pain. Had the same experience during the first wash of my new car during the drying process (old bath towels that weren't as nice as I had thought) From the help on this forum, and a myriad of Meguiars products, I'm on the road to a full recovery.....little by little this time.

Mort

Comment

You will definately find enlightenment here young aprentice. Sorry to here about your scratches. By the way which Meguiar's product did you use first? or discover?
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

This is like AA for Car Crazy people !!...." Hi, my name is Bill and I'm Car Crazy"....we all have suffered your pain to some degree or another...I remember my first time ( ) as I came out of the automatic car wash this past winter (only time I ever went through it with my new black car) and they proceeded to dry it with towels that had some kind of grit on them and scratched the livin' begeezus out of my hood....that was 5 months ago and only time and serious Mequiarizing will heal it...I'm on the road to recovery myself and have vowed to never, ever put my car or myself through that again!!!....
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDADThis is like AA for Car Crazy people !!...." Hi, my name is Bill and I'm Car Crazy"....
          Hi Bill and welcome . . .haha LOL
          I just love detailing

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');