• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove paint overspray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove paint overspray?

Hello I would like to know how I would remove house paint overspray from a 2005 Porsche Cayanne SUV Maroon color. The overspray is very fine almost appears as dust. The owner thinks that the paint came when a home was being spray painted across the street a few months ago.

I tried my Porter Cable orbital buffer using a orange pad and cleaner/wax but this did not help.

You need to get some detailing clay and clay the paint. This is what detailing clay is for, removing above surface contaminants.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a Toyota truck that was completely covered in white enamel overspray, you can see where on the passenger side we removed all of the overspray using our Quik Clay System.

Polishing with a dual action polisher is for the most part ineffective because the foam pad and the chemical you're using will simply glide over the paint overspray. Detailing clay will actually sand the overspray off but it will do it safely and without affecting the clear coat finish.

Note you can also clay glass and probably should if you find the glass has overspray on it also.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you for the helpful information. Could you please give me an idea of how much time it should take to clay this vehicle? I would guess that the vehicle would then need to be washed and waxed afterwards to restore the shine?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');