• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet Drying Towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet Drying Towel

I washed my car over the weekend and used the Water Magnet's for the first time. MAN they work great! I hate drying my car! It's the worst part of the detailing process and I dreaded it every time. These towels made drying a breeze! Good work as usual Meguiar's!

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience with the Super Absorbent Water Magnet. Out of all of our drying towels it is definately one of my personal favorites...
    Rick McDonough
    Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1.800.854.8073 * 3853
    rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Re: Water Magnet Drying Towel

I got the large blue waffle weave one from auto zone, dried the whole ram quickly did not have to wring out once.

Comment

They do hold a amazing amount of water. Great product.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

It's something that you will always want on your arsenal

Comment

I recently tried one too. Use to use the Absorber and towels for the drips. Many ringouts and re-wipes. I was amazed at being able to wipe the entire car, never ring the towel even once and have no streaks. MAGIC!!
            Barry

Comment

Great product! But, I still can't figure out where all the water goes. I can dry my entire Accord with one and the Magnet's really only slightly damp. Good deal at ADS right now, too.

Comment

Personally, I have had a different experience with the Water Magnet.

Historically, I used to use regular cotton bath towels to dry my cars, but was tempted to try the WM after reading customer reports like these. I ended up quite disappointed... the WM really didn't absorb the water at all, and actually felt a little bit stiff or 'scratchy'. It hasn't improved after washing it with my other microfibre cloths either... I wonder if I just got a dud?

I have since bought some other MF waffle weave drying towels, and find them really good! The Water Magnet is the only Meguiars product that I haven't been absolutely delighted with...

Glad to hear that the rest of you are getting good results though!

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI1500 View Post
                  I got the large blue waffle weave one from auto zone, dried the whole ram quickly did not have to wring out once.
                  I have one of these and LOVED it to begin with, but it fell apart rather easily and then scratched my paint, due to poor drying technique by moi. It is very absorbent and you never have to ring it out, but now I prefer my Meg's water magnet x 2.
                  ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I have two of them, and loved them!

Comment

I think the Water Magnet is great. I have a polished black truck (GMC fairly soft paint) and I haven't noticed any scratches induced by it. If you are scratching the finish perhaps:
                      1- you didn't clean the vehicle properly and there is still debris
                      2- perhaps you scratched the vehicle during the wash (most likely)
                      3- debris was introduced in between washing and drying eg. windy day
                      4- you aren't storing or cleaning your Water Magnet properly
                      5- you are using force while using the Water Magnet. You're not scrubbing the water up. You shouldn't be using any force at all. If you have ultra soft paint, then use a blotting technique.

I'm sure there are more possible reasons, but look beyond the product.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');