• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Florida! - Roadshow Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAfirefytr

I SAW the correct "TECHNIQUE" displayed via Mike P. I learned the correct amount of product (1 full circle on outside edge of pad 1st time, the 1/2 circle pretty much after that) work an area about the size of Meguiars MF towel, slow steady arm movement, listening to the sound the machine made when the correct amount of pressure was applied /watching the rotation of the pad and then figuring out how hard I had to press to achieve both of these, and realizing that it may take multiple passes. I saw Mike have to make multiple passes and sometimes even go w/ a little more aggressive product. He also, on a few occasions, had to go from the G100 to the rotary as there are limitations to the G100. The rotary is not an option for me.
    Everything I learned, I had pretty much read on here, but for me reading about something just didn't cut it. The old saying "seeing is believing" would apply here. Everything was reinforced in the class and you are able to see it and then actually do it in the presence of Mike where he can correct your "technique" if need be.
    I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed the class and highly recommend it. It was definately worth the trip and effort. I would do it again anytime. I regret that I ever had doubts to begin with but it took the bad experience to get me to take the class and that I grateful for.
    100%

Comment

Originally posted by LAfirefytr
      I can only speak for myself (but I know Monk personally and believe he would agree with me) when I say that 99.9 % of it was ME. When I got involved in the thread you are referring to above I was very frustrated the detailing process w/ my G100. I had to apologize later in the thread as I'm sure you read. I decided to make the trip to Tampa (600 miles one way) and get it figured out. It all came together once I was there and finished the seminar. I was making all the ROOKIE mistakes: working too big of an area, moving to fast, too much product, pressing down too hard at times, and expecting that it would be perfect in one pass! Well it AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN LIKE THAT MY FRIEND!
      I SAW the correct "TECHNIQUE" displayed via Mike P. I learned the correct amount of product (1 full circle on outside edge of pad 1st time, the 1/2 circle pretty much after that) work an area about the size of Meguiars MF towel, slow steady arm movement, listening to the sound the machine made when the correct amount of pressure was applied /watching the rotation of the pad and then figuring out how hard I had to press to achieve both of these, and realizing that it may take multiple passes. I saw Mike have to make multiple passes and sometimes even go w/ a little more aggressive product. He also, on a few occasions, had to go from the G100 to the rotary as there are limitations to the G100. The rotary is not an option for me.
      Everything I learned, I had pretty much read on here, but for me reading about something just didn't cut it. The old saying "seeing is believing" would apply here. Everything was reinforced in the class and you are able to see it and then actually do it in the presence of Mike where he can correct your "technique" if need be.
      I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed the class and highly recommend it. It was definately worth the trip and effort. I would do it again anytime. I regret that I ever had doubts to begin with but it took the bad experience to get me to take the class and that I grateful for.
      I agree with LA, except that my DA runs counterclockwise as soon as you contact the surface, regardless of how much pressure is applied. You can all think I am crazy, but that is a fact. It is not my eyes, or a "wagonwheel" effect, or angle of attack, pad or product, or anything else. It just flat runs backwards. Maybe it is where the counterweight is attached, I have no idea. But I am getting results I had hoped to get, so I am not complaining, just very perplexed.

Comment

That is good news to hear that you guys are getting the results you want! I have been thinking about flying down to Irvine to attend one of the Saturday classes with Mr. Phillips because as you guys pointed out that there is a lot more that you can learn in person!

Comment

anyone got more pics? I can't wait till tomorrow I'm putting another layer of the #21, that stuff rocks! My car has stayed so clean this week, the bugs don't stick!
          02 PSM WRX

Comment

Anymore specials on the polish kit like at the class??

Comment

Mike, can you still look into getting board members a deal on a full box of hand polish applicators?
              02 PSM WRX

Comment

Originally posted by djerickd
                Mike, can you still look into getting board members a deal on a full box of hand polish applicators?
                Thanks for reminding me...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

KICK ***! Lemme know!
                  02 PSM WRX

Comment

What's up guys, (and ladies) I have finally caught up with my work. I thank you all for attending the class; to show my appreciation I will give you the class special on the kit, also 15% off your purchase until the end of the month of May. My card was in the bags just give me call and I will set it up for you.

Comment

Tyrone,

Thank you providing an 8 ounce sample of #21!

The results from this product are incredible.
                      2006 CGM GTO M6 18s | Spoiler Delete |HOLDEN Monaro VZ Fascia & rear insert|1 of 466
                      2004 IBM GTO A4 |Spoiler Delete|HOLDEN 427 Tail Lights|HOLDEN VYSS Centre Caps|Sports Footrest|Monaro VZ Fascia|Mobil 1

Comment

does anyone have a comparision picture of the ZO6. comparing the scratchX side with the undone side?

Comment

I know Mike has got a TON of pics he hasn't posted!
                          02 PSM WRX

Comment

Here are the two pics i was able to get of it.

Comment

Wow, what great responces to the Tampa class.Seems like you guys had a great time. We are having an advanced class in NJ on june 10th ,taught by Rod Kraft..All 25 of us who are attending are excited and just hope we get some nice weather for the day.I will post some pics and iam sure the guys going will all chime in so keep your eyes open for the thread .
                              RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

maybe we can have an advanced here in florida sometime?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');