• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Insane Shine Tire Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Insane Shine Tire Spray

A little disappointed with this product. It states on the can that it prevents browning. Well i went out to go to the store today and all my tires are brown. Can anyone tell me why this has happened and what I can do to prevent it in the future.

Were they brown before you used it?
    Also, is it brown from being dirty or brown from sun damage?

Comment

The tires are brand new, They have only been on the truck for just over a month now.

Comment

The best thing to do is to clean the tires thoroughly with NXT Generation Tire Cleaner and a Versa-Angle Tire Brush before applying Insane Shine.
        2012 KIA PICANTO
        Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
        Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

I cant say I have been as impressed as I hoped with the Insane Shine Spray (triger one).

It seems like the slighest water on the road takes all the look away, but people said they could wash their cars and the foam sprayed Nxt would still stay shining.

I am not sure if spreading the liquid with a foam applicator also takes away some shine.

But I will have to give my tires a good spring cleaning to be sure.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: NXT Insane Shine Tire Spray

I was very dissapointed with this product. Not only was the shine not "insaine" shine but I saw very very little shine. I cleaned the tires with a pressure washer, and sprayed it on. Maybe I did it wrong?
            Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

Here is a picture with the NXT on a car I use to have. I clean the tire's before I put it on.

Comment

I tried again on another car, and this time I cleaned the tires at first. It was much better. I prefer other products, but this does produce a wet shine.
                Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

I agree, and it is one of my favorite products. My tires stay black a long time, and pretty shiny for a while, even if the insaneness wears off a bit.

Comment

Hey,

When tires turn brown it is called "Blooming". Special waxes are in the rubber that emerge over time to help prevent UV damage.

Here is what I do: Clean the tires throughly with APC diluted at 7:1. Rinse the APC off and then wipe the tire dry. Then apply the Insane Shine very heavy with a foam applicator. Allow the dressing to sit on the tires for ~7-8 minutes. Come back with a dedicated MF towel and throughly wipe the tires.

Give that a try!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

What do you find the wiping chages? I thought it might wipe off a lot of the product/shine?

Comment

By wiping the product, you will even out the sheen on the tire and you will lose very little of the gloss as long as you allowed the dressing to sit on the tire for ~7 minutes before you wipe it off.

If you apply it and wipe it off right away, you can get a dull, streaky finish that does not look good at all.

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I may have to give that a try. Havent had any evenness or sling problems with my tires, but what the heck.

Did you notice any durability difference, or at least if the gloss holds up any differently?

Comment

i have used the insane shine for past 6 months and none of the tires i have used it on turned brown. i even played with insane shine and used it and my moms interior with out problems.

Comment

Tires "bloom" the worst when they are brand new...This is when all of the compounds from the Mfg process are fresh and escaping.

Give it some time and a few washes a few thorough cleanings, and you will see that go away

Mike
                              Mike Pennington
                              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                              Meguiar's, Inc.
                              800-854-8073
                              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');