• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate wipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate wipe?

Hi all,

Can Ultimate Wipes be for everything i.e. removing polish, applying wax, wiping down after claying etc?

Thanks
    Bryan

I use them for wiping when claying, applying Quik Detailer, and also to Quik Detail the interior.
    Some people use them to remove polish, but I've found that they saturate too quickly.
    They're microfiber, so they're safe I really like them, sure wish they would still make them. Hint

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Comment

the ultimates wipes works the best for me on windows, in conjunction with the nxt glass cleaner. best combo!

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
        the ultimates wipes works the best for me on windows, in conjunction with the nxt glass cleaner. best combo!
        Wow never thought of that one!!! Post it under tips or tricks section!
        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
          Ooops! Forgot about that one...

Alex
          Mandarina Racing

Comment

Re: Ultimate wipe?

Originally posted by Blr123
            Hi all,

Can Ultimate Wipes be for everything i.e. removing polish, applying wax, wiping down after claying etc?

Thanks
            Bryan
            I use my Ultimate Wipes for most everything you state "except" for applying wax. I am assuming you meant to say removing wax here. I think applying wax with them would mess up their future cleaning ability by clogging the fibers. Just my opinon there.

I wipe off clay residue, cleaner polish and pure polish with UWs. I tend to go with the GC bonnet on the PC for wax removal but it is MF as well so an Ultimate Wipe would likely do just as well I would think.

I even QD with Ultimate wipes if I need a little extra cleaning ability. If the truck is very clean, I go with the Supreme Shine MF for the QD.

I used to use the Ultra Plush Terry for all product removal until I finally got it through my thick skull that I was applying to much product. Once I got the hang of applying less product, I switched over to the UWs. I applied a coat of #3 at work last night with the PC and used one UW to wipe doen the entire finish. It barely even had anything on it when I got done. Used to be I would just about go through 3-4 MFs or Terrys to wipe off a Pure Polish like that.
            Last edited by Jeff Smith; Apr 20, 2006, 05:28 PM.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Morning lads,

Thanks for the replies

And Jeff yes I did mean to say removing although I also remove wax using a bonnet over a W-7006 pad

Thanks again
              Bryan

Comment

If the towels were any bigger I would use them after a shower.
                2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                Show Car Detail

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');