• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X straight lines or circles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X straight lines or circles?

Hello all,
    I'm going to have to hold off on getting a PC so I thought I'd try some scratch X for helping get rid of some swirls...

My question is this, should you apply it in a small circular motion? or in straight lines like sanding?

Any other tips?
    Thanks!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=450&highlight=Straight+lines

Comment

Thanks for the link, however that mainly talks of non abrasive products, i'm sure the stratch x is abrasive..
      So would circular add more swirls?

Comment

I would love to receive more input from Meguiar's and other forum members on this subject.

How about feedback on the technique used by the famous ScottWax - King of hand application with incredible results!

How do you apply each of the 3-steps, OK, make it 4-steps:

Claying - Which method/agressiveness/pressure?
        Cleaning - Which method/agressiveness/pressure?
        Polishing - Which method/agressiveness/pressure?
        Wax/Sealant - Which method/agressiveness/pressure?

I know some steps you could use an abrasive or non-abrasive product, so please advise for each product type.

This would make a great poll if someone would want to set it up.
        A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Following up on an old thread, never got a set in stone answer and I'm getting ready to detail my car after almost a year of neglect...

Comment

99 GT > try this:

Comment

I thought scratch X was designed for hand application:

"most effective way to remove fine scratches and swirls from automotive paint by hand"

http://www.myVdub.co.uk

http://paulsimmons.fotopic.net

http://www.fresh-love.co.uk

'88 Golf GTI - Rolling Project
              "don't be a victim of your own stupidity"

Comment

Awesome! Thanks! I never even saw that when I was browsing that forum, must have over looked it....

Comment

On a side note.....I love the smell of Scratch X.....my wife thinks I'm nuts!
                  -Bob
                  NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

On a side note.....I love the smell of Scratch X.....my wife thinks I'm nuts!
                    I think they put pheromones in most of Meguiar's products ....that's why we're so hooked...

Alex
                    Mandarina Racing

Comment

Well, I've finally got around to trying scratch X really good as instructed and to be honest, I'm not pleased...

I've had this tube about 8 months, does it go bad?
                      I have a couple scratches that you can't even catch with your fingernail but I did about 12 applications of scratch X and its still there, given its less, but still there.

I'll take pictures as soon as I can to show..

Comment

Hi there 99Grandtouring, did you read the following topic :
                        Scratch X and cottonwool

This would really help you out

Greetz

The Eagle
                        NXToholic

Comment

so basically cottonwool is the same as cotton balls? I have a ton of them if thats what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by 99GrandTouring
                            Well, I've finally got around to trying scratch X really good as instructed and to be honest, I'm not pleased...

I've had this tube about 8 months, does it go bad?
                            I have a couple scratches that you can't even catch with your fingernail but I did about 12 applications of scratch X and its still there, given its less, but still there.

I'll take pictures as soon as I can to show..

Removing scratches requires good technique, no matter what product you use. Also, if ScratchX does not remove the defect then only a machine applied professional product will do the job, this usually means with the use of a rotary buffer.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by 99GrandTouring
                              so basically cottonwool is the same as cotton balls? I have a ton of them if thats what it is?
                              Yes, indeed!
                              Just try it

Greetz
                              NXToholic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');