• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Wheel Cleaner vs. Multi Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Wheel Cleaner vs. Multi Piece

I know this has sort of been asked before, but I havent seen an answer I really liked, so hopefully you wont mind it asked once more....

I would presume All-Wheel Cleaner is going to be safe for clear coated wheels.

It sounds like Multi-Piece Wheel Cleaner is also safe for clear-coats, but it doesnt say for sure on the bottle?

And if both are clear-coat safe, is the big difference that Multi-Piece is going to be safe/safer for disk brakes, since brake components are mentioned?
    Last edited by Murr1525; Apr 19, 2006, 08:30 AM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Used all wheel on my cleared M45 wheels. No problems.
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Thanks,

I have a feeling both are clear coat safe, but I cant figure out what the difference is.

I have ended up with a bottle of each, and used the Multi-Piece over the weekend, which worked great. If it turns out both are clear-coat safe, but the Multi-Piece is safer of brakes, then I'd like to take the other bottle back.
      Last edited by Murr1525; Apr 19, 2006, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I was told that All Wheel Cleaner is NOT safe on anodized aluminum. How to tell the difference between anodized aluminum and clear coated aluminum is, I don't know. And if that fact is true, I don't know either.

Comment

It would seem odd that the Mulit-Piece Cleaner is the safest for all surfaces, while the All-Wheel Cleaner isnt safe for all wheels...

But maybe that is the difference.

Comment

2006 Wheel Cleaners

It's great to hear you guys are using these great new wheel cleaners. Here's a little info:

Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner - Safe on all Factory Clear-Coated Wheels.

Hot Rims Multi-Piece - Safe for all these custom spinners and aftermarket, soft metal wheels!
            Chris Mills
            Meguiar's
            Surface Care Specialst
            cmills@meguiars.com
            800-854-8073 ext.171

Comment

Re: All Wheel Cleaner vs. Multi Piece

All wheel cleaner worked alright...wasn't all that impressed with it and it would stain my rotors quite bad.

Muti piece wheel cleaner...worked fantastic and the foam really clings well. Plus my brakes had no staining either!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');