• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiper Blades... What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Blades... What do you use?

I have had some bad wiper blades, kind of a you get what you pay for. They are not a big investment but what do you guys use?

Are the RainX wiper blades really worth twice the price of Anco or others?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I am in the same boat! Was thinking of the rain x also, prolly throw them on this weekend.

Comment

See this thread I started a few weeks ago. They cost me about $21 and $22 each (one is longer). There are pros and cons. They wipe the water great. Now this may be nit-picking, but for close to $45 a pair, I think I have the right to:

The wipers more window untouched, almost as if the wiper is too short. I used the Bosch Guide but I'm thinking I may get them an inch longer...but that may be too long.

Another complaint is that the edge of the wipe is not consistent. In other words, as the passenger side wiper nears the end of its wipe, it seems as if it loses contact with the window.

Bosch Icon

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
        See this thread I started a few weeks ago. They cost me about $21 and $22 each (one is longer). There are pros and cons. They wipe the water great. Now this may be nit-picking, but for close to $45 a pair, I think I have the right to:

The wipers more window untouched, almost as if the wiper is too short. I used the Bosch Guide but I'm thinking I may get them an inch longer...but that may be too long.

Another complaint is that the edge of the wipe is not consistent. In other words, as the passenger side wiper nears the end of its wipe, it seems as if it loses contact with the window.

Bosch Icon
        I missed that post, I Googled them and the wipers sure look cool. One thing I hate is a wiper that isn't cleaning a window as well as it should.
        Brandon

Comment

I use triple edge ,about $6 each, they clean very well and are made from 100% silicon each wipe leaves an invisible layer of silicon on the glass which makes the water bead up and shoot straight off the glass, which allows me to have the wipers on less or not at all depending on the amount of rain. They also don't freeze to the windshield in the winter. They do come with a lifetime warranty, but after about a year they start to chatter and streak. so i just buy new ones, it not worth the hassle to send back the wipers for only $12 a pair.
          Last edited by Love 2 Detail; Apr 17, 2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Bosch. In FL, its a nice investment to have, along with nice bright lights because it rains so much here. I'd rather be able to see, and spend $30, than spend $15 and not being able to see. Saftey is important to me, and I'm willing to pay to be safe...

-Nick
            1998 White Olds Aurora
            V8 260HP

Comment

i can't find the icons but i am sure i have seen them somewhere before but i would like to try them they look pretty cool!
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Those who have the Icons, where did you get them?
                Brandon

Comment

You can't go wrong with Bosch.
                  Don't know about their blades but I had a bad experience with their spark plugs in my Ford I use Anco blades FWIW.
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I use the PIAA Silicone wipers, they are great! They give you this goop to treat the windshield and it makes driving and using the wipers during rain effortless and noiseless.

Comment

I've been using the Bosch micro-edges, but there are always refills readily available in my area too.

They do work well though

Comment

i just purchased the new Bosch ICONS about a month ago and they cost me a little over $40 for a 17" and 21".

Overall, I'm extremely happy with them so far. I used to buy Bosch MicroEdge wipers, and to me it seemed like brand new out of the box their performance was just OK. Too much chatter only 3 or so months after I bought them, and never wiped 100%, they always left streak marks.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');