• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which hose nozzle / sprayer to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hose nozzle / sprayer to buy?

Hi all,

I have an old 5 year old hose nozzle that I've decided to retire today. I wanted to order the Meguiar's sprayer, but I was dissapointed to read that it never made it to market.

I am looking for recommendations on a good sprayer to use for car washing. My current one was ok - it had water patterns for lots of water, gentle rinsing, jet, misting, etc. However, after a few years, the auto shut-off (it's a pistol grip) stopped working properly, and no amount of greasing could get it to work ok, so now I have to manually force the valve to close, and this has resulted in me being sprayed once too often .

I would like a sprayer that has a waterfall feature, it will save some time if I don't have to pinch the hose to remove the nozzle for sheeting the water off the car in the final rinse.

So any recommendations on durable sprayers for car washing will be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kokketiel; Apr 15, 2006, 03:49 PM.

I have the Stainless steel one from ultimatehosenozzle. It is the last one you will have too buy. Worth every Penney!
    Rides 1967 mustang fastback 429 4 speed
    1999 Dodge Dakota 5.2
    2002 Honda GL1800
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2013 Honda Civic

Comment

I just got this pistol-grip nozzle from Truper, it has variuos spray patterns, but my favorite on is the "waterfall", perfect or the final rinse.

Alex
      Mandarina Racing

Comment

i just got a fireman style nozzle yesterday at canadian tire but i have not had a chance to use it yet
        "# Indestructible rubber and brass design
        # Variable sprays (including jet) makes for an excellent cleaning tool"
        Last edited by sneek; Apr 15, 2006, 05:41 PM.
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i have a few different hose nozzles (including the fireman) and actually prefer the good ole' simple shut-off valve. you can adjust the spray pattern with just a twist of the dial and you don't have to remove it to sheet water off, and for around $3... you can't beat it, imo.
          Last edited by imacarnut; Apr 15, 2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I use the straight brass type that's been around for ages. I shut it off by installing a shut off valve just behind it.
            r. b.

Comment

I use the firemen's stainless steel/rubber one and really like it. You can set it for a waterfall type spray, so no need to take nozzle off. Very easy to screw nozzle onto hose. Well made, but expensive. You get what you pay for. Indestructible.
              2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
              2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
              1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

I have just hav a "pistol grip" Nelson.... nothing special it was $10, best one I could find at Menards. Works great and its built well.

Its the red and black one in the bottom of this photo. I don't use the other one in the photo much.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by amg/md
                  I use the firemen's stainless steel/rubber one and really like it. You can set it for a waterfall type spray , so no need to take nozzle off.
                  Really?...I didn't know that.

Might look into one for myself.
                  r. b.

Comment

Hey,

I use the Ultimate Nozzle (Stainless steel firemen style nozzle) with a brass shut off valve attached to it. It works awesome!

Hey RB, yes, it does have a waterfall setting which works fanatstic and what I use mostly when the weather is hot, so I get more sheeting action. The only concern is house water pressure. You need a fair amount of house line water pressure otherwise the nozzle does not work so well.

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Think I'll check one out too.
                      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                        Hey,

I use the Ultimate Nozzle (Stainless steel firemen style nozzle) with a brass shut off valve attached to it. It works awesome!

Hey RB, yes, it does have a waterfall setting which works fanatstic and what I use mostly when the weather is hot, so I get more sheeting action. The only concern is house water pressure. You need a fair amount of house line water pressure otherwise the nozzle does not work so well.

Tim
                        Thanks Tim!

I have quite a bit of water pressure at my location...Especially since we had a 3/4" copper line put in. (I have one of those small diameter blaster nozzles and you can shoot a 1/4" stream of water over 75 feet with it. )

I'll have to see about getting one of the Ultimate Nozzles this year.
                        r. b.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');