• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to Resize Pictures for Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to Resize Pictures for Forum

So, I'm toying around with my digital camera and trying to get pictures resized for posting

Using MS Paint, I was able to change the size of the photos, but the colors seemed to change shades. Is this normal?

I know free software is available for download from the net, but I just didn't want to duplicate if something I already have will work properly.
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Hi Pete,

As far as I know, most people have to download programs to resize the photos. Moreover, there are better progams than others as some resize the photos but they lose quality. I suggest downloading:

How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!

Or use the Image Resizer from Microsoft Power Toys. Just go to the MS site and search for Power Toys.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks Tim for the link to EZ Thumbnails which I just downloaded and will explore shortly. I just received a Canon A620 Powershot digital that I am going to learn how to use this weekend and uploading and download pics is the reason for my purchase. My clients have really enjoyed receiving pics of their cars that I gave to them as a hardcopy and I think the softcopy would blow them away.
      I have extensive experience with my 35mm SLR Canon AT-1 with a power winder. I also purchased a 512mb card & a 1GB memory card to supplement the 32mb card that came with the A620. I also purchased a USB 2.0, rechargeable AA cells and a charger, plus a case and a 100% waterproof camera case. If you or any of our community have tips and advice to help me avoid making the rookie mistakes please use this forum as others may be asking these same questions to themselves. I believe the digital will quench my thirst for the instant satisfaction factor seeing my pics immediately should be a plus.
      Coach
      The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

I've been using Easy Thumbnails for over 2 years to resize photos and the one thing that I really like about it is that it doesn't distort the photos in any way, shape or form.

I just cropped out this photo from the original that was mega huge using Photoshop Elements to 1168 x 979

and then I resized it to 700 pixels wide using Easy Thumbnails...

And here I've resized it to 150 pixels wide for use as an Avatar.

I'm sure Photoshop Elements will resize photos, I'm really not good in the software and all I usually use it for is to crop out the meat and do away with the fluff. Then I do my resizing in Easy Thumbnails. This is more steps than most people want to do but I use photos to tell a story and it's important that the story is accurate.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I actually use Mihov Image Resizer its free and you can do multiple photos at once
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

www.xat.com has a great free image optimizer. Excellent quality of the resized and compressed pictures too.
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');