• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have the worst luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the worst luck.

Last season while detailing i go to pick up my bottle of DACP and it breaks down the side of the bottle. Today it was 45 out and i finally got to detail my car again and i was using 9, and i pick up the bottle and it breaks too, right down the seam on the side of the bottle. I really love meguiars prducts but wish the bottles were stronger. oh well, had to pick up some new #9 from o'reilly's and all was better, my car looks great again : )

Strange, the only problems with the packaging I've ever had was on the sprayers on some of the consumer products, which conveniently have since been redesigned. Do you keep your products in your garage? Your supposed to keep them inside. The temperature extremes lower their life expectency. Heck, I've dropped my bottles several times and the worst I've had was a small leak in one.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Re: I have the worst luck.

Originally posted by RoBb
      Last season while detailing i go to pick up my bottle of DACP and it breaks down the side of the bottle. Today it was 45 out and i finally got to detail my car again and i was using 9, and i pick up the bottle and it breaks too, right down the seam on the side of the bottle. I really love meguiars prducts but wish the bottles were stronger. oh well, had to pick up some new #9 from o'reilly's and all was better, my car looks great again : )
      Give Customer Care a call at 800-345-5700 and tell them I asked you to call and tell them about your bad luck. I am sure they will get you taken care of.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Just like Mike mentioned...

I tapped a bottle of Final Inspection one night while detailing the wifey mobile... it tipped over and, in turn, split down the seem as well... naturally, I lost all of the contents and was a little upset about that...

It happend a second time to me as well...

In short, I called customer service... they took care of me...

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I think Mike mentioned on another board sometime ago about Meguiars and all detailing companies having to comply with new Federal (maybe CAFE) environmental regulations. Some to due with VOC's.

Eric
          Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
            I think Mike mentioned on another board sometime ago about Meguiars and all detailing companies having to comply with new Federal (maybe CAFE) environmental regulations. Some to due with VOC's.

Eric
            Actually, Forrest, (From Mother's), explained over on Autopia that because of EPA regulations, not only are car care formula's subject to reducing VOC's, but the formula's used in the manufacturing of plastic bottles are subject to reducing VOC's.

In the big picture, the consumer loses out to a more brittle bottle so that the environment will be saved.

At least I think that's the jist of what he said.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike
              I did mean to put words in mouth. I thought you had written about reduced VOC's.

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');