• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove the swirls in my new black car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove the swirls in my new black car?

i just brought a new 2006 Buick black lucern with lots of swirls. What's the best and easiest way to get rid of this mess?

Re: How do I remove the swirls in my new black car?

Originally posted by patrick2221
    i just brought a new 2006 Buick black lucern with lots of swirls. What's the best and easiest way to get rid of this mess?
    By hand, it's going to take alot of Scratch X and a couple weekends. The reason you'll need a couple of weekends, is your arms will fall off before you get all the swirls out. It's not impossible, but difficult by hand.

The easiest will be with a G100A, and some #80. This would take about 5-8 hrs (approx), and the machine does all the work.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Here's a link below that explains how to remove insurface defects by hand. If you have any questions let us know.

Comment

Re: How do I remove the swirls in my new black car?

Originally posted by patrick2221
        Hi Patrick,

The best and easiest way to remove swirls out of clear coat finish is by using a dual action polisher like Meguiar's G100 and a cleaner/polish like M80 Speed Glaze. In order to do this you'll need to invest in a polisher, some pads and a few products.

You can also do this by hand, but it will take longer and require more effort on your part because generally speaking, removing swirls and scratches out of a clear coat finish isn't the easiest thing to do nor fast, especially if the swirls and scratches are throughout the entire finish.

With both methods, (machine or hand), the real trick to removing the swirls will be your technique. This is true if you use our products or anyone companies products. It's all about technique.

Then, after you remove the swirls in this new black car of yours, you're going to have to learn how to not put them back in, that's where taking ownership of the washing process becomes very important. You can't wash a swirl free, beautiful black car just any old way, you need to use a quality wash mitt, a quality car wash and focus on the task at hand.

Jorge included a link that walks you through the steps of removing the swirls by hand, when you get a chance read through it, look at the before and after pictures to see the difference you can make using the right technique with ScratchX by hand and get back to us on how you want to approach your project.

If you want something simple, but not perfect, then you can simply wash and wax your car with a quality wax like NXT Tech Wax, or even ColorX and get some pretty dramatic results.

It really comes down to what you want and what you're willing to do to get what you want.

Hope this helps...

Also, here's a few other threads to check out...

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This was scratch-x by hand. Very time consuming. For me now, it's a G100 or nothing:

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');