• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between G100 and G100A dual action polisher??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between G100 and G100A dual action polisher??

i see there is two kinds of Meguiars polisher
    whats difference between G100 and G100A?
    i found G100 one for sale for good deal...
    please reply thank you

THe G100a comes with a backing plate, one W-8006 foam polishing pad and the lifetime warranty.

Are you signed up for this?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thx
      hm.. i want to but too far

Comment

I'm guessing Mike meant to refer to a different thread here, Tampa is a bit of a drive from Northridge.

The classes in Irvine are much closer (an easy drive on a Saturday morning) and there are plenty of them coming up.

I'll bet the previous user of G100 you found the deal on already put a backing plate on it. If not, they're inexpensive and easy to come by.

PC.

Comment

i dont know
          he said it comes with backing plate but dont have warenty...
          where are the open classes arround here?

Comment

There are classes almost every weekend, except like Easter I think.

You can look for Open Classes, but you can also sign up as an alternate for any of the car club classes. If the car club doesnt fill all 30 or so seats, then alternates can be picked.

Look at the schedule here:

Classes in 06
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You might be able to attend a Wednesday night detailing class as well, though they are a bit less formal of an event.

I am not sure how much travel time you have though to get there.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

hey thx for useful infos

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
                  I'm guessing Mike meant to refer to a different thread here, Tampa is a bit of a drive from Northridge.

PC.

Whoops!

Just a case of typing faster than I think...

I meant that link and suggestion for a thread I was replying to where the person was from Florida.

We've had people drive in as far as Utah for our Saturday classes... and fly in from England, Singapore, and New York.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by blkgst
                    ...he said it comes with backing plate but dont have warenty...
                    Then it's probably not a G100 but the Porter-Cable equivalent, a 7424, 7335 or 7336. They're all the same basic machine (with minor differences) but when it's purchased through Meguiar's it has the lifetime warranty.

Originally posted by blkgst
                    ...where are the open classes arround here?
                    Irvine, by John Wayne Airport. (Don't listen to those rumors in The Valley that Orange County is past the end of the Earth.)
                    Originally posted by Murr1525
                    ...I am not sure how much travel time you have though to get there.
                    A little more than an hour in clear traffic (like that ever happens on the 405 fwy). A lot more during a Wednesday afternoon commute (just ask Paulvr4 ).

PC.

Comment

hm.. he said he bought it 6 years ago and never used it..
                      what minor differences do they have??
                      does all of them have speed adjust?
                      you mean all the polisher from Meguiars have lifetime warenty?
                      darn porter cable ones are way cheaper..

Comment

I thought that any G100, not just a G100A, had the lifetime warranty but I could be mistaken (Mike! care to weigh in here?).

The physical difference between a Porter-Cable branded unit and a G100 is in the backing plate and a counterweight that compensates for the different plates. To actually use a Porter-Cable version for real polishing you need to upgrade the backing plate and get real pads.

Once you factor in the cost of a backing plate and buffing pad the price gap between a 7424 and a G100 narrows a bit. Getting the G100 from a Meguiar’s dealer that discounts it narrows the gap a lot. Only you can decide whether the lifetime warranty is worth the final price difference to you. (It is to me.)

PC.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');