• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted Glass and Leather Wipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted Glass and Leather Wipes

Hi guys, need some help.
    My windshield has all these little spots on it. I've tried Windex, Gold Class Wash, Stoner's Invisible Glass, and claying, but nothing works. I haven't tried NXT glass cleaner yet since I can't find it in a store. Here are some pics:

I've tried all the above products on the inside and outside of the windshield. The glass is smooth to touch so those spots don't really leave bumps. It actually looks like the spots are inside the glass. I think the spots are from overspray of 303 FabricGuard that I used on the convertible top. I was in a rush and didn't mask the car since it was gonna snow the next day, but for some reason there's no spots on the side windows or the rear window. Any ideas what might work? Something stronger like nail polish remover, paint thinner, etc? Or do they make something specifically for glass?

Also, one more quick question. I've been alternating between Gold Class Leather cleaner/conditioner and 303 Aerospace Protectant for my seats, but finally got the Gold Class leather wipes to cut down on time. However, I applied the wipes this morning at 9 am and didn't drive til 9pm, but my leather creaks now.
    The leather has never made a sound before, but now when I move around in the seat, it makes the leather noise you get from leather couches (btw, I was wearing jeans if that matters). The leather looks glossier than ever before, but doesn't feel greasy when I touch it so I don't think I applied too much. I used one sheet for the front two bucket seats and one sheet for the rear bench sheet. Should I be wiping the leather down with a towel after applying? Will the squeaking go away?
    Sorry for such a long message. Thanks for all the help!

If the defects are in the glass, like stone chips, then you'll probably have to replace the glass. If the problem is something -->on<-- the glass, then try this.

Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning

Most people only read a small portion of the above thread and then ask lots of questions that are actually all answered in the thread.

My personal preference is to always wipe down my seats after treating them, you might try this next time. I'm not sure why they would creak except now they are clean and protected?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');