• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatment after Full Service Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment after Full Service Wash

I posted a few days ago about finding a place to wash my car and got some great ideas. I'm not allowed to wash my car at my apartment because of apt rules. It was suggested that I use a coin-op and take my own bucket, but I got denied when I asked the proprietor, so I am now confined to using a full-service wash.

I used the Meguiar's Rx tool and it gave me some suggestions, I just have a few questions:

Do I have to use the Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner after every wash?

How often do I apply the NXT Generation® Tech Wax?

What is the NXT Generation ®Spray Wax for?

The car is black, so I'm paranoid about swirls. I've seen a few black cars that looked like someone had JUST dipped them in paint. I would really like to have this for my car as well, but I'm not sure I can since I have to use the Full Service car wash.

Also, if you guys were restricted to the car wash, what options would you use? Should I just take the wash?

Thanks for all the help

If I were stuck with the car wash, I'd be sure to use a touchless Laser Wash. I'd also use NXT Tech Spray Booster after these washes, at lest after every other one. The Booster will keep the protection and slickness up. I'd clay and reapply NXT Tech Wax every quarter.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

What is the spray booster? I've checked out the product line, but don't see that one.

Comment

It's actually a a wax that isn't very durable, but can be used quickly, like with a spray. Some people like to use it to extend the life of their car wax and get that just waxed look. That's why they're called booster waxes. Quik Wax and NXT spray wax are both booster waxes.

Comment

Find another coin operated wash or use the same one and this time don't ask. The trick is to go late at night and you don't get hassled at all. I do it yourself all the time when I am away at school. I bring my own buckets, wash, bits, brushes, and cleaners.
          The only thing I use of theirs in the water supply costs me all of $2.25.
          I got hassled once when I was doing it mid day on a weekend. Now I just come back later when no one is working there and all has been well.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');