• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine compartment cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine compartment cleaning

I will clean/detail my engine compartment here shortly, what does everyone recommend for products/methods? I just want to get it cleaned and protected-everything is pretty much stock so there won't be much "bling" when I am done (its an '81 camaro).

Before:

After:

We used Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner.

( Keep wet, don't let dry.)

Power washer.

Aggitate with nylon brush.

Tape and plastic bags for the electronics.

Follow with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing!

Wipe in product with rags.

( Thanks again Paulvr4!!)
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I didn't even know this section was here

Comment

I second that system. That is a great way to clean your engine compartment. Please be very careful when using water around the electronics. Take your time and cover all non sealed or sensitive electronic parts. Parts that we see that are very sensitive are O2 sensor, MAF, MAP, Air flow meter and any of the ignition. It also helps to use somewhat low pressure. Make sure to never use Hot Water. Hot Water can also be harmful to any electronics due to over heating of the components.
        Ash Erickson
        Marine / RV Sales & Training Rep.
        Meguiar's Inc.
        800.854.8073 Ext. 165
        aserickson@meguiars.com

Comment

Even though a power washer was used, it was sprayed in short bursts only. Just enough to get the cleaner off. Use a brush to loosen most grime. Don't let any cleaner dry. Pre wet the motor before you spray any cleaner directly on it.
          SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');