• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Wax

What's the best method for removing wax?

I have the porter cable DA and usually apply the wax/polish using the foam bonnets and remove product by hand.

I'm looking to save time and am considering removing product with the DA. Is there any special technique to this? What's the average amount of pads I would need for one car? I currently use about 4-5 terry cloths when removing by hand.

Thanks in advanced
    Jim

Hi Jim,

I guess it depends on the wax ued to some degree, but with the NXT Tech Wax, I can remove the wax from the whole car using a single microfibre bonnet on a 7006 or 8006 pad. I turn the bonnet inside out at the half way point.

I couldn't find them on the meguiars site, but the ones I use are at the top of this page:

I can't imagine it being any easier to remove wax!

Regards

John
    See my BMW E34 M5 at http://www.jrobbo.com/M5

Comment

You would use these MF Bonnets (X4003)

Place over this pad (W7006). Use setting 5 with Med arm speed. I've noticed a difference in shine, when I remove wax by hand vs. PC and some bonnets..Warning: Never use this pad directly on your finish. Only use it with a Bonnet over it!

After I remove with the bonnet, I still go over the finish with a MF towel. Mainly to get where the PC couldn't.

I have a 4x4 Dodge Ram (Big truck), and I use 2-3 bonnets to remove the wax.
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Here is a link to some great info from our Frequently Asked Questions. It should help you get your answers.

How to remove wax.

As far as how many applicator pads is average on a vehicle, that partly depends on how many products you are using. Most of the time you can get away with using a pad per product.

Hope that helps.

Tim Larson
        Meguiar’s
        Customer Care Rep
        1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
        Tim Larson
        Meguiars Customer Care Rep
        Meguiar's Inc.
        1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
        Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

What Magic said

I can usually buff #16 off the A8 with only one bonnet (sometimes two), but I put the #16 on nice and thin (by machine).
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

but I put the #16 on nice and thin (by machine).

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');