• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynabrade rotary buffer with a dual-action polisher attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynabrade rotary buffer with a dual-action polisher attachment

Originally posted by the other pc
    Model No: 51611, wt.- 10.6 lbs.

Model No: 51614, wt.- 8.8 lbs.

Thank you for posting this!

If I understand correctly, this tool is a regular rotary until you activate a dual action mode??

Is that correct?
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Joe,
    As far as I could see and checking the
    parts assembly does not have a switch to activate the dual action mode. Just think about like a standard PC but with the weight and power of a rotary. One thing we noticed, the random motion is larger than the PC. Yes, is more agresive. We used the 8" yellow pad with #80. It was able to remove almost all the swirls but left some haze on the finish. So, Paul tried a finishing pad with #9, and the hazing was removed.
    I will let Paul to elaborate more since we has first hand experience with this machine.
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

The tool appears to be their rotary with a DA head attachment. I didn't see any mechanism for locking the head for rotary or forced-orbit operation. (Then again, Bosch used to have a polisher that looked like the PC and had a locking feature. You had to remove the backing plate and use a hex key to activate the lock. It wasn't visible from the outside.)

I assumed that you'd have to remove the DA assembly to use the Dynabrade as a rotary. It may be worth a call to Dynabrade to ask.

Originally posted by romulus
      ...One thing we noticed, the random motion is larger than the PC. ...
      Big time. Jason said the throw was something like 3/4 of an inch!

PC.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');