• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another drying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another drying question

Greetings all....great site. Still "absorbing" all the good info here. I've been reading about the X2000 drying towels but started out using the MX2005. Are they the same (except for size and color)? I don't know why my initial order was one vs the other but don't want to find myself going backwards in maintaing the finish on my new car (well, my wifes' new car anyway).

Thanks.

Mort

They appear to be the same, but the Mx is much bigger.

I would like to point out that the MX towel is double the price of the WM.

I also use/love the WM. I use 2 WM, one to know off the bulk water, and the second to dry streak free. I first started out using only 1 WM, but found it would leave streaks (after if gets soaked). I would then had to use Quik Detailer to get rid of the streaks. But since I switched to the 2 WM method, I can now dry streak free. As you can see from my avatar, I have a large truck, and if I can dry that monster with 2 WM, you could dry a car easily.

2 - XM2005 - $35.98
    2 - X2000 - $17.98
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Hey Mort Corey

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Besides the size difference (and color ), I have not noticed a difference between the Marine Water Magnet and the Automotive Water Magnet. I do find that the larger size of the Marine version to be much more to my liking as it will dry larger vehicles easier than the smaller version.

Cheers!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Whew....thanks. I tried one, but it just wasn't enough to get things as dry as I wanted. A little more pricey, but if I can get the job done with two I'll be happy. Either I, or the "other" morons that washed it at the dealership recently, left some light hairlines that I can see under the right light at the right angle.........and that ain't gonna happen ever again. From extensive reading of all the helpful hints on this forum, I've got the right stuff to correct the flaws and prevent their reoccurance (hopefully anyway)

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Corey
          Whew....thanks. I tried one, but it just wasn't enough to get things as dry as I wanted. A little more pricey, but if I can get the job done with two I'll be happy. Either I, or the "other" morons that washed it at the dealership recently, left some light hairlines that I can see under the right light at the right angle.........and that ain't gonna happen ever again. From extensive reading of all the helpful hints on this forum, I've got the right stuff to correct the flaws and prevent their reoccurance (hopefully anyway)

Mort
          Preventative maintenance coupled with proper washing techniques will prevent most marring from occurring. There will always be the odd "oops" if it is a daily driver. But as long as one is careful, you will have the show car look all the time!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');