• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech wax vs Gold Class wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech wax vs Gold Class wax

Hi
    I have used The Gold Class on my wifes 06 Monte which is black.On Sunday I went and bought some NXT Tech wax and put it on the car,I really didnt see a difference.Next time time I do her black car I am going to do half the hood with NXT Tech,and the other half with Gold Class.

Any one ever try this on their car?If so what were the results?

thanks

How a product looks depends on how you inspect or evaluate it.

The real benefit to any wax will also be seen when the finish is properly prepared to accept the wax and then apply two thin coats of the same product.

For most people, on most paint, Gold Class is going to make the paint look richer in color, more reflective. NXT is going to help eliminate fine swirls and scratches better while adding lots of gloss. NXT will also increase reflectivity and increase richness, but Gold Class is a polish/wax and it does contain an ample amount of polishing oils.

If you're ever unhappy with any of our products, you can take advantage of our money back guarantee.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use GC on my black 04 tbird and it gives it more of a wet look and depth than NXT did....see my gallery!

I use NXT on my 02 Dakota and it gives it lots of shine and reflectivity.

Comment

Mike

I am not unhappy with the product,I just thought after reading about NXT,that there would be a bigger difference thats all.

I will try it on my 57 Chevy when I get it out this spring.That will be a good test for it.I use to use nothing but Mirrow Glaze on that car.Now I use Gold Class and Final Inspection when it is just dusty.

I also do a lot of detailing on the side,so I go through a lot of your products.

Thanks for the answers everyone

Steve

Comment

Play around with it on a couple of cars I think you'll find a place for it in your detailing arsenal.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike, I have both products(Gold Class and NXT). Would I see a difference in the finish on my truck if I alternated back and forth? Would it do anything if I did a coat of one and a second coat of the other. My truck is very dark blue. Here is a picture right after washing with Gold Class wash and waxing with NXT paste wax.
            2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

I just picked up my '06 Corvette last friday--smile frozen on my face! Anyway, black with a nice coat of wax from the dealer. I washed it, light soap (Mg's, of course!) and put on a coat of NXT. Looked really good. Better than Gold Class? That is the question. I am going to put a second coat on this friday--my wife thinks I am a bit obsessive about car care...and see how it looks. As I mentioned in the past, I have not thought the NXT Gen to be worth the additional cost over GC--at least on my red 2000 WS6 Trans Am. The black Vette will be a good test case. I did see an improvement with the third coat of NG on the T/A. I would expect a second coat on the black Vette to really be outstanding. But to be honest, I am thinking of using the GC instead. The adage "if it ain't broke..." sticks in my mind...

Mike

Comment

Both are great products. I alternate between NXT and GC regularly. I do recommend the paste versions . Use a butter knife to move the wax to the applicator (this will keep the can from getting grime in it). No matter which product you use try prepping first with ColorX. It will clean and polish the surface for maximum shine.
                Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I have never used ColorX. I do use the Crystal series for polish and it comes out very well. I'm not going to polish the Vette until the fall--really doesn't need even the slightest abrasion, as the paint was very smooth--nice wax job, no contaminants, from the dealer. I guess I will just go with the mood as to which I chose tomorrow. Both are liquid, btw. Why do you prefer the paste? It basically emulsivies when you rub, doesn't it? I'm no chemist, but I seem to always have heard no significant diff between the two types.

Mike

Comment

damn--emulsifies I do believe I mean...btw, I like the butter knife idea if using the paste. Makes a lot of sense...

Comment

Re: NXT Tech wax vs Gold Class wax

i was wondering the same thing about paste vs. liquid...i bough the liquid NXT Gen today to use tomorrow but I am thinking of returning it and getting the paste version, especially since I have a better chance of using too much with the liquid!

One other thing...I am not sure where the tread is so I am going to ask it here. What should be the order when I detail my car (which is a black 2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT)? I have washed it with Gold Class and nw I need to know the order as far as scratchX (actually i am using Kit Scratch Out because we already have that in the garage), claybar, polish, and wax...i believe that right there is the order i should take but I am not sure. Help me out on this one!
                      Glenn's 2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT with SC/T Appearance Package
                      Best 1/8-mile: 9.975 @ 70.960 (60': 2.257)
                      UNCC Horsepower Addicts

Comment

i have both.
                        about polishing i ever used dutch product here comedand or comedant
                        that is aggressive product.i understand meg is`t aggressive product.
                        think classic is sort creme you put on
                        alberto gorin
                        known as gorin002

Comment

I use to use the liquid Gold Class,now I have switched to the paste,I no longer get any streaks on my wifes black Monte.

I also did a black Dodge truck for a customer about a month ago and used the paste could not beleive how good it came out.

I will now try the paste in the NXT wax and see if their is a difference.

I threw the liquid Gold Class away,and also the liquid NXT.

Comment

IMO NXT is alot better wax than gold class, gold class does not last long at all and the slickness quickly dissapears

Comment

Originally posted by tooomuch7 View Post
                              I use to use the liquid Gold Class,now I have switched to the paste,I no longer get any streaks on my wifes black Monte.

I also did a black Dodge truck for a customer about a month ago and used the paste could not beleive how good it came out.

I will now try the paste in the NXT wax and see if their is a difference.

I threw the liquid Gold Class away,and also the liquid NXT.
                              DUDE! you cant be serious, I mean use in the door jambs under the hood or something,on your rims but dont throw it away. We could probally report you to some type of agency
                              Noswirler

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');