• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clay bar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay bar???

i was wondering if i am able to use the clay bar on my Putco stainless side steps and my stainless exhaust tips, or if it would damage the finish?

Re: clay bar???

Originally posted by racing24
    i was wondering if i am able to use the clay bar on my Putco stainless side steps and my stainless exhaust tips, or if it would damage the finish?
    Detailing Clay can be used on just about any smooth surface including, paint, glass, chrome and stainless steel.

The idea behind how clay works and why you can use it on smooth surfaces is that detailing clay contains a special abrasive that won't scratch the surface, but when used with some type of lubricant it will glide over the surface and abrade anything sitting on top of the surface off the surface.

That's how it works. It will not remove swirls and scratches below the surface because that would mean removing small particles of the surface being worked and that's now how detailing clay works.

You should be good to go with your stainless project as long as the stainless is smooth and the clay is free from any contaminants. If you ever drop the clay onto the ground, don't use it as it will likely have picked up something abrasive and it is the abrasive particle that the clay bar picked up that will have the potential to do damage, not the clay.

Does that make sense?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yup makes perfect sense. thanks a bunch

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');