• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaner wax / polish wax / pure wax product lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner wax / polish wax / pure wax product lines

You folks have gotten me hooked into this stuff so here it is.

You recommend that 2 thin coats of wax are always best. I agree.

I also try my best to adhere to the 5 Step Plan as best I can.

But there are those times in between where I don't need to clay or clean or polish and basically am just refreshing a coat of wax. (Or just satisfying my detailing addiction and am waxing just to be enjoying my hobby.

In these instances I would go for a cleaner wax or a polish wax as the mood strikes me.

Here is my suggestion.

For each product line, let's use NXT as an example. I would love to see an NXT cleaner wax, an NXT Polish Wax, an then the NXT Pure Wax.

When sticking to the 2 thin coat approach. this would allow me to use a cleaner wax for the first coat and then either a polish wax or pure wax for the second.

There are times now where I would like to use a cleaner wax for the first coat but do not have a similar product to chose from for the 2nd coat from the same product line, again, using NXT just for an example. In other words, I would like to see an NXT Cleaner wax, an NXT Polish Wax and an NXT Pure Wax. This would allow me different product combinations, all by staying within the same product line that I like. The same could be said for the Gold Class line as well. Maybe someone would like to use a cleaner wax before using the current Gold Class.

I realize that it likely takes a certain "chemistry" for each product you have available to get the desired effect and playing around with this chemistry may totally negate the intended purpose of the product. But the thoughts I have laid out have popped into my mind from time to time and I felt were at least worth mentioning.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

You mean the number of product offerings isn't confusing enough already, LOL?!

I think the products are really out there already, just in different lines, which I don't think anyone has ever had a problem mixing and matching. Cleaner waxes--there are the M06 (Pro line) and A12 (Consumer), old Gold Class and MPPC were "polish waxes" , and DC3, #26, are pure waxes.

So, to kind of use your example, you could use the A12 Cleaner Wax (maroon bottle), follow it with new GC, and top it with DC3 or #26.

Comment

Yeah, I already use ColorX + Nxt/#21. I guesss it is odd that Nxt and Gold Class dont have their own cleaner / polish products.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Gold Class did have its own cleaner/polish several years ago. It was discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by brianshaeffer
          Gold Class did have its own cleaner/polish several years ago. It was discontinued.
          This is true. The product worked great it's just that the majority of people in this world just want to wash their car and then wax it. Secondary step product like ScratchX, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or Deep Crystal Polish are primarily used by enthusiasts, not Joe Consumer.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
            You mean the number of product offerings isn't confusing enough already, LOL?!

I think the products are really out there already, just in different lines, which I don't think anyone has ever had a problem mixing and matching. Cleaner waxes--there are the M06 (Pro line) and A12 (Consumer), old Gold Class and MPPC were "polish waxes" , and DC3, #26, are pure waxes.

So, to kind of use your example, you could use the A12 Cleaner Wax (maroon bottle), follow it with new GC, and top it with DC3 or #26.
            I think you are right but for me. I guess it's more of a confidence thing. In otherwords if if I loved the look of NXT, I could with all confidence have a variety of choices within the NXT line and know for sure that even if I mix and match the 3 products within that line I will still end up with a result with the main characteristics I expect from the current NXT wax.

I think you are right that with some of the products I can still acheive the same result but that has only come with trial on my part.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');