• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Microfiber Polishing Cloths - Laundry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washing Microfiber Polishing Cloths - Laundry

I use the cheapest all natural fragrance free, dye free, softner free... no nothing! I use the regular cycle hot/cold 60 min. to wash. I trow em in the dryer. NO softner sheet! I still have some of the same micros from four years ago.
    Knowledge is power
    2001 Silver Acura 3.2 CL
    1996 Red Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    1978 21' Dodge RV (restored)

Comment

Just threw mine into the washer in a laundry bag. Hot/Warm - Delicate with some ALL detergent. Planning on hang drying them. Hope they turn out okay!!

Comment

For a couple of years now i've just thrown my MF in the washer on a 60/95 degree wash with no softener and a tiny bit of powder in the machine on a 1200 spin and then line dried and they come out great but might try the vineger idea I never thought of that.
        http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...b029d544_1.gifhttp://www.auto-etc.com

http://www.auto-etc.com/

Comment

Wash hot with some APC and a bit of detergent. Rinse initially with some vinegar and keep rinsing until there is no more soap floating at the top (shouldn't really be any unless you used too much soap). Put in the drier and dry.

Comment

can i wash all microfiber applicators together, even if some have been used for wax and some have been used for #80, samething for the cloths

Comment

oh, and i know, no fabric softner

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                Wash hot with some APC and a bit of detergent. Rinse initially with some vinegar and keep rinsing until there is no more soap floating at the top (shouldn't really be any unless you used too much soap). Put in the drier and dry.
                What I am trying to understand is, wash it, when done, remove it from washer, rinse with vinegar for how many cup size for 2 microfiber towels?
                Where do I rinse the MF in the washer or in the regular bowl to soak it? Then put into the dryer as you mentioned. Thanks.

Comment

For two MF towels, you may save yourself the trouble of measuring vinegar and just rinse them in the sink under running water, wringing them out a couple of times just to make sure they aren't soapy still and then put them in the dryer. The vinegar helps when you have like fifty towels you are trying to do this to.

Comment

can i wash my Microfiber towels with APC+ or i have to use APC?

Comment

In my experience, I've just washed my Microfiber towels the same way I would wash a load of T-Shirts or Levi's. Just use the regular amount of dish detergent for the size of your load.

I have always used the warm/cold setting. (Warm water when they are being washed with the detergent, and cold for the rinse cycle.) The only difference is, when the rinse cycle comes, I don't add any fabric softener. I just let them spin.

After they have spun, I put them in the dryer for a regular drying cycle, the same as you would for a load of T-Shirts.

Here's where I get a little bit different, I keep the MF's that I have used for the paint, and the ones that I have used on other things, (interior protectants, tire and wheel cleaner, plastic trim protectants, glass cleaner, etc.) SEPARATE from the ones I used with the paint. I wash the ones that I used for the paint first, then the other rags. Often times if you use a rag that has been used to clean brake dust, wash it, and then use it on your paint, you are in for swirl city! I always make sure to keep them SEPARATE to elimate the possibility of swirls.

Does that help? Sorry for such a long explanation.
                      Last edited by cadillacman91; Apr 9, 2011, 11:18 PM. Reason: Wrong word choice in 2nd paragraph
                      I've been told I'm obsessed with my car, but I've got the cleanest car on the block!

Comment

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I just washed my yellow mequiar's microfiber towels and dried (no fabric softener or dryer sheets), and I feel like they are "rougher" feeling than before.

They weren't mega dirty. I like to wash them after every time I remove wax with them (I just got these, so it was one time). So basically, they were used once, washed, and dried (again, no dryer sheet or fab softener).

They have to be safe to use, right? Again, I'm probably just paranoid.

Comment

After you wash your microfibers say they were used for clay>swirlx and nxt 2.0..do you keep them seperated after washing for specific purposes? or do you just use them for whatever

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI1500 View Post
                            After you wash your microfibers say they were used for clay>swirlx and nxt 2.0..do you keep them seperated after washing for specific purposes? or do you just use them for whatever
                            YES!
                            Also you wash themseparatelyy too ie: don't wash wax and window towels together.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I just screwed up then washed about 10 new ones 2 that was used to wipe off NXt and 3 used to wipe swirl x as well as a soft buff pad from the DA used with swirl x and a small hand pad used to apply NXT ,,all washed together and did a additional rinse cycle after the fist one was done

Comment

wax and compound are ok to wash together.
                                it's just the wax isn't good for your window towels

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');