• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Back of the Bottle" information on Professional/Detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Back of the Bottle" information on Professional/Detailer?

I have some sample sizes of some of the Professional line (#83, #80, #21) as well as some from the Detailer line (APC, Last Touch, ASD). Is there anywhere that I can find the "back of the bottle" information with regards to use, dilution, etc.?
    Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Well here is a start, hope it helps!

#80 Speed Glaze - Directions: SHAKE WELL. For use with rotary buffer D.A. polisher, orbital or by hand. Work one section at a time. Dispense product onto a cool surface. When working on uncured paint finish, apply product directly to buffing pad and proceed to buff. Work product in until nearly dry. Then wipe off excess with clean, dry Meguiars Ultimate Wipe or 100% cotton terry towel.

--------

Last Touch Spray Detailer - Dilution: Ready to use.

Directions: For best results, surface should be cool to the touch. Do not apply in direct sunlight. Spray directly on surface to be cleaned. Using the Meguiars Ultimate Wipe (M-9910) folded into quarters, wipe clean. Turn to dry portion for final wipe.

Professional Tips: Last Touch Spray Detailer is the perfect lubricant for use with Meguiars Detailing Clay. Dilute 1:1 and apply a liberal amount to surface.

--------

***I got this from a post by Mike Phillips***

#21 Synthetic Sealant - METHOD OF APPLICATION: For use by hand, orbital buffer, D.A. polisher or rotary buffer.

DIRECTIONS: Apply in the shade and on a cool surface. If finish is neglected, pre-cleaning is recommended. Apply a small amount of product to applicator or foam buffing pad and spread a thin, even coat on vehicle's painted surfaces. DO NOT APPLY TO VINYL, RUBBER OR CLOTH SURFACES. Use overlapping strokes to ensure adequate coverage. Allow product to dry thoroughly, (approximately 10-15 minutes). Remove using a clean, dry Meguiar's Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber, (X-2010), turning to a clean portion for final wipe.

--------

This is not on the bottle.... for last touch it takes a little to get the hang of it with no streaks. Remember a little goes a long ways. Its my favorite detailer!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

lol GB did you type the ?
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
        lol GB did you type the ?
        Yeah... all from my head.

My fingers move fast and only took me a couple min.... I am sure Meguiars has a cut and paste verson but its just a rest day for me, keeps me busy.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Much appreciated gb!
          Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Comment

Originally posted by gb387

This is not on the bottle.... for last touch it takes a little to get the hang of it with no streaks. Remember a little goes a long ways. Its my favorite detailer!
            I like the Last Touch as well. I only have about 1/2 of a spray bottle left, of of a gallon, and finally broke ouyt my gallon of Final Inspection today and filled another spray bottle. I have not used the FI before and hope I get the same results as I did with the last touch.

Your comment about a little goes a long way really hits the nail on the head with Last Touch. I use it with an Ultimate Wipe or a Supreme Shine MF, I use it with an Ultimate Wipe if my finish seems a little dirty. If I know it's good and clean I'll go to the SSMF.

But I find that I can get by using so little LT that sometimes I can't even tell which side of the fabric I have used. I tend to use one clean side of the fabric for each 2 panels, 1 if they are dirtier than normal. But sometimes I will mist the MF, wipe down a panel then flip to a dry side and give it a final. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I get distracted or something and forget which is my damp side and which is my dry side. After feeling the 2 sides with my hand I generally can't tell the difference. Sometimes I actually have to put the MF up to my cheek. I guess my cheeks are a little more sensitive to the moisture and I can usually tell this way. Neighbors probably think I am having a relationship of some sort with my detailing fabrics when they see me holding them up to my cheek.

I also find that with a little practice one can actually skip the final wipe off with LT. Where I did not find the same with the Consumer Level Products. I always give it a final wipe off just in case my eyes missed something but for all intents and purposes, I do find that I could very easily skip the final wipe and most folks probably could not tell the difference.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Hey Jeff,

You may want to look at my review of the new Last Touch Foam aerosol, it is even easier to use than the liquid version!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                Neighbors probably think I am having a relationship of some sort with my detailing fabrics when they see me holding them up to my cheek.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL!!!!!!

Thanks for that Jeff! Just what I needed on a perfectly bad day. That's why I love this forum.
                Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                  Hey Jeff,

You may want to look at my review of the new Last Touch Foam aerosol, it is even easier to use than the liquid version!

Tim
                  Looks like good stuff Tim. For me I go through enough QD that buying a good prouct in bulk is kind of critical. I have just about used up a Gallon of LT and am gearing up to work on a Gallon of FI to see how I like that.

If I ever get to a point where I can decide between the 2 products, then it is entirely possible and likely that I'll look at buying a five gallon jug of which ever I prefer.
                  Jeff Smith

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I have used a lot of QD over the years. Meg's #34 Final Inspection is quite different than Last Touch. I use a lot of it for priming buffing pads, cleaning down surfaces to be buffed and as a claying lube for claying. As such, I have probably gone through 10 gallons of it in the last 3-4 years! It does leave a beautiful gloss and is easier to work with than Last Touch. But Last Touch is definitely slicker with a more gloss overall, IMO. However, I just love the smell of #34!

If you use that much QD, then you would be wise to get a 5 gallon container of Last Touch. It too can be used for claying lube, and for general purpose work if like I mentioned above if it is diluted 1:1.

Tim

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I have used a lot of QD over the years. Meg's #34 Final Inspection is quite different than Last Touch. I use a lot of it for priming buffing pads, cleaning down surfaces to be buffed and as a claying lube for claying. As such, I have probably gone through 10 gallons of it in the last 3-4 years! It does leave a beautiful gloss and is easier to work with than Last Touch. But Last Touch is definitely slicker with a more gloss overall, IMO. However, I just love the smell of #34!

If you use that much QD, then you would be wise to get a 5 gallon container of Last Touch. It too can be used for claying lube, and for general purpose work if like I mentioned above if it is diluted 1:1.

Tim
                      Tim,
                      Thanks for the input there. I was wondering about some of the diffferences you pointed out. I like that Last Touch pretty well but had not opened the jug of FI until the other day. I still have not tried it. Once i try it for a few weeks I'll make the decision as to which to buy in what quantity. I know I will be keeping both around but don't think I need Gals of each.

I do use the LT @ 1;! for claying. already have the 2 squirt bottles dedicted and marked respectively. I like the LT alot but that doesn't mean I am not going to try the FI and give it a workout.

Sometimes when QDing I go more for the cleaning aspect. In this case I use an Ultimate Wipe and flip to a clean side every panel or 2. If I am going for more of just a shine/gloss "pick-me-up" then I use the LT with a SSMF.

From your experience would you be able to say whether or not LT or FI would be better suited to either of the above tasks above?

I was thinking the FI would likely perform better for the cleaning aspect while LT might be better for the "pick-me-up". Would you agree with this. Judging from the way I read your input I suspect my thinking is on track.

I am doing alot of assuming here as I have not even tried the FI yet. I have my bottle with me though and will likely put it to work here in a couple of hours.
                      Jeff Smith

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I would say that both clean about the same. Again, the Last Touch being a little more difficult for some people to work with.

But like I said, for most tasks, I love my #34! But for that show car gloss and shine, Last Touch is the one!! My best advice, get both as each has a purpose IMO!!!

Tim

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I would say that both clean about the same. Again, the Last Touch being a little more difficult for some people to work with.

But like I said, for most tasks, I love my #34! But for that show car gloss and shine, Last Touch is the one!! My best advice, get both as each has a purpose IMO!!!

Tim
                          Oh I'll be getting both for sure. Likely another Gallon of Fi and a 5 Gal jug of LT.

Just adding a note of interest here. Was at my local Autozone today and was going to pick up a bottle of NXT Speed Detailer to refresh my memory on it's charcteristics before comparing it to LT and FI. They no longer have it on the shelf. Even removed to lable on the shelf and didicated the spot to something else. Was at Target and K-Mart as well. Same thing. Nobody local is carrying the NXT Speed Detailer at this time. Wonder it there is some sort of shortage/backorder thing going on? Just peaked my curiosity.
                          Jeff Smith

Comment

Not to my knowledge. I believe it is still very popular.

I think it boils down to who is buying the products. I have used #34 for years and years and know very well how it performs in every situation. As such, I am comfortable to use it. I really like Speed Detailer as well, but again, when I have gotten used to #34....I really do not need it.

On a side note, Speed Detailer would fit in between Last Touch and #34. It has more gloss than #34 but easier to work with than LT. I have used it on #20, #26, NXT, #21, and even #16 with great success.

More importantly, I rank in order of smell: ( )

2. Speed Detailer
                            3. Last Touch

Tim

Comment

Not to my knowledge. I believe it is still very popular.

I think it boils down to who is buying the products. I have used #34 for years and years and know very well how it performs in every situation. As such, I am comfortable to use it. I really like Speed Detailer as well, but again, when I have gotten used to #34....I really do not need it.

On a side note, Speed Detailer would fit in between Last Touch and #34. It has more gloss than #34 but easier to work with than LT. I have used it on #20, #26, NXT, #21, and even #16 with great success.

More importantly, I rank in order of smell: ( )

2. Speed Detailer
                              3. Last Touch

Tim
                              Thanks for the additional info.

Smell is not very important to me as I smoke stinkin' cigars. Quiote often while QDing I have a big fat stoagie in my mouth and likely would smell smoke even if my truck caught fire.

I never found LT hard to work with at all. Maybe I just went through the learning curve with Quik Detailer and Speed Detailer and didn't have to repeat the learning curver with it. I love the stuff.

Well, I am outta here for a while.get to do door jambs and such tonight. Will likely even play with FI if the wind chill does not hose me.
                              Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');