• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

air compressor instead of leaf blower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressor instead of leaf blower?

Has anyone ever tried drying their car using an air compressor rather then the leaf blower?

Hey 04maxima,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

The only problem with using an air compressor is that they develop condensation in the tank and can spit water onto the paint.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I think i will still give it a try cause i hate drying my car.

Let you know when i am done.

Comment

Re: air compressor instead of leaf blower?

Originally posted by 04maxima
        Has anyone ever tried drying their car using an air compressor rather then the leaf blower?
        I have both, I prefer a leaf blower hands down. With the leaf blower there is more volume of air coming out of the nozzle I can dry a car much faster with my leaf blower.

As for the air compressor.... Even with a larger tank(I have a 30 gallon) there just isn't enough air coming out of an air hose/blow gun. Also, even with a air/water separator you can still get moisture coming out the air hose back on to the vehicle. It can be done but once you use a leaf blower you will push the air compressor to the side.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks
          I will try the leaf blower.

Comment

I have a nozzle that narrows from something like 2 1/4" to 1", give a nice powerful stream of air from the blower. If you use a extension or tip on your blower make sure its secure so it doesn't shoot off and hit your vehicle.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks
              I will try the leaf blower.

Comment

I like the leaf blower simply because it has a larger output volume than the air compressor. You will cover a larger surface with one pass.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');